Pkg Crust Inspector (3rd shift)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors finished product to ensure it is meeting customer specifications (Weights, Dimensions, etc).
- Identifies and disposes of product that is out of specification.
- Gathers and records product specifications on appropriate paperwork and/or inputs specifications in computer.
- Ensures tools, equipment and work area is in a clean sanitary condition.
- Maintains a safe work environment while producing a safe quality product.
- Meets set goals and objectives relevant to their work area.
- Works with QA and other departments to ensure product being packaged is meeting customer specification.
- Recommends changes to simplify plan or procedures to improve inspection and packaging process.
- Obtains the necessary tools and equipment such as scales, calipers, container, tables and specification sheets during changeover/set up.
- Works with the Packaging Machine Operator setting up and adjusting sauce and oil weights according to the customer specifications.
- Cleans, stacks and packs crust as necessary.
- Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with all appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ensures that all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are followed.
- Follows all company policies & procedures as well as the GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free work place.
- Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or safety-related issues to Management.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work overtime, irregular hours or rotating shifts.
- Three to six month’s experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to minimally speak, write and understand English.
- Must be able to understand and follow simple English instructions presented in written or verbal form.
- Demonstrate the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure used in production.
- Ability to use measuring tools in inches, millimeters, grams, ounces and pounds as well as the ability to use weight measurements.
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
Physical demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or smell. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 2,200 pounds with lifting equipment or with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a plant production environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job in the plant, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles. Employee may be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures that range from below zero (0) degrees Fahrenheit to over ninety (90) degrees Fahrenheit. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. While in the plant, the employee is required to utilize the required personal protective equipment.
The Packaging Crust Inspector will report directly to the Packaging Supervisor.
Nation Pizza and Foods is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate with regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, or on any other basis prohibited by law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to disabled individuals who can perform their essential job functions with or without such accommodation.