Senior Integration Engineer - Digital Health
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Skokie, IL 60076
Senior Integration Engineer – Digital Health (72130)
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the U.S. Headquartered in Evanston, IL, NorthShore is comprised of four hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 900 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs over 10,500 people.
The newly formed Digital Innovation and Consumer Experience team within Health Information Technology is seeking an Integration Engineer to work on initiatives that touch on the areas of digital patient engagement, telehealth, remote patient monitoring, and AI-assisted patient triage and personalized navigation. The ideal candidate for this role will have a product engineering background, and will have experience developing backend platforms from the ground up.
In this role, you will:
- Implement new patient facing features and solutions that will be used by hundreds of thousands of patients
- Lead development activities for the NorthShore digital integration platform, and hold responsibility for integration into NorthShore’s instance of Epic
- Hold responsibility for integration of partner SDKs and APIs into the integration platform
- Work together with the lead technical architect, product owner, and front end engineers to iterate quickly on platform changes and ship new features
- Manage tradeoffs between scale, speed, and user experience, and be expected to leverage industry best practices for implementation of new technologies
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 4-year college degree in computer science/information systems preferred or equivalent experience
- 6 years’ experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems preferred
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Expertise in server-side development and proficiency with modern backend technologies (e.g. Node.js, Python, Firebase, etc.)
- Proven experience designing, building, testing, and scaling high reliability backend services, microservices, and distributed systems
- Previous experience with building large scale, enterprise applications
- Hands on experience with cloud technologies and platforms (AWS, Azure) and an understanding of DevOps best practices
- Sharp problem-solving skills and the ability to work through complex technical challenges
- Prior experience working with consumer technologies or a startup is a plus
- Experience with EMR systems like Epic is a plus
Please explore our website () to better understand how NorthShore continually achieves high quality and professionalism. Also, visit our careers page () to learn why we’re consistently recognized as a top employer in Chicagoland.
NorthShore University HealthSystem is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.