Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Champaign, IL 61821
As one of the world’s largest food and beverage companies, we are proud to spark joy around mealtimes with a global portfolio of more than 200 brands. Some are iconic master brands like Heinz, Kraft and Planters. Others are fast growing new sensations that defy status quo like DEVOUR and Primal Kitchen. No matter the brand, we are united under one vision To Be the Best Food Company, Growing a Better World. Bringing this vision to life are our 36,000+ teammates around the world, making food people love.
Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership and commitment with Rise Against Hunger. And we also stand committed to sustainability, and the health of our planet and its people.
Every day, we are transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you’re passionate like us — and ready to create the future, build on a storied legacy, and participate as a conscientious global citizen — there’s one thing to do join us.
Job DescriptionBenefits & Compensation Overview:
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Coverage.
- Vacation and Sick Leave Programs.
- Additional perks: Pet Insurance, (EAP) Employee Assistance Program, other Employee Discounts.
- (HRA) Health Reimbursement Account or (HSA) Health Savings Account.
- Starting $16.80 to $21.23.
- Hourly Bonus Program.
Flexible scheduling, 8-hour workday with possible overtime.
Employees may work weekends and holidays.
Plant & Community Overview:
The Champaign, IL plant is the flagship plant in the Kraft Heinz organization and the largest volume producing plant in North America.
- Established in 1963
- Home to 850 employees, 3 8-hour shifts, 2 core departments
- Products made include Kraft macaroni and cheese, Miracle Whip, Kraft salad dressings and A-1 steak sauce.
- Community Overview: Welcome to our community!
Are you ready to join a team that produces quality products that are amongst over 50 household brands in the U.S.? This is a place for you to create your career and make a difference!
Joining the Champaign team is a great way to grow your skills, develop your abilities and delight consumers every day. We are currently seeking energetic and driven individuals to join our team.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Fosters a safe working environment, immediately communicates and addresses safety concerns with the entire team, and ensures adherence to safety standards
- Responsible for wearing proper PPE, complying with all safety training, policies and procedures, and reporting any unsafe safety conditions to a Supervisor/ Management
- Participate and collaborates in meetings.
- Training others and filling in for other positions as assigned.
- Participate in the QRMP audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions.
- Oversee and lead the implementation of the QRMP (Quality Risk Management Process) system and operational standards as outlined in the plant accountability list.
- Hold current fork truck license or obtain within 30 days of winning the position (if required)
- Coordinate and direct line crew in operating areas of changeover, starting, continuous operation, and shutdown of the line.
- Be familiar with all equipment on the line to the point that he/she can clear minor jam-ups and make minor adjustments.
- Monitor all operations of the line to minimize production loss and to ensure that a quality product is produced under the given standards.
- Execution of basic equipment maintenance, cleaning, inspection, minor adjusting.
- Capability to change over the line as needed
- Perform all required checks and document.
- Read daily line schedule to determine product and quantity to be made.
- Communicate effectively with everyone involved in the process
- Perform all types of change overs required for the operation
- Perform all quality checks and document
- HS Diploma preferred.
- Previous experience in production/manufacturing is required. Education may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Safe work habits.
- Maintain an excellent attendance record / adherence to attendance policy.
- Promotes teamwork.
- Attention to detail to avoid and/or identify errors.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Employee must be able to read work instructions, fill out form in English about work status, and communicate with lead.
- Exercises good judgment and decision-making skills, bringing up to the supervisor any issues outside of his/her scope of responsibility and control.
- Able to operate a fork truck – Kraft Heinz will train.
- Able to perform tasks from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Able to work flexible schedule when needed.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Able to work at heights.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to understand & follow instructions.
- Able to operate a computer.
Location(s)Champaign Plant*Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity*
It is the continuing policy of The Kraft Heinz Company to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
Final candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship. Exceptions requesting work visa sponsorship will be reviewed on a case to case basis.