Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dupo, IL 62239
Location*IL – Dupo*
.# of Openings1
Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals, reagent grade laboratory chemicals, and other specialty ingredients sold to municipalities and a wide variety of industries. Founded in 1938 and headquartered in Roseville, Minnesota with 43 facilities in 20 states, Hawkins creates value for its customers through superb customer service and support, quality products and personalized applications.
Learn more about us at . (NASDAQ: HWKN)
ABOUT THE JOB
Hawkins is looking for a Chemical Operator to join our team at our Dupo, IL facility. The position is responsible for safely operating, handling and maintaining production equipment while achieving production and quality standards.
- Handle, store and transport chemical materials during the process of operating, monitoring and controlling continuous and batch manufacturing processes.
- Manual and auto operation of production processes, using field controls and computer-controlled interface systems, adjusting variables such as temperature, pressure, feed rate, sampling, etc. in accordance with SOPs.
- Perform tank transfers, bulk truck or railcar loading/unloading, emptying or filling of containers, pump drums, dump drums, 50- to 100-pound sacks and supersacks as required.
- Accurately and completely fill out required paperwork including details such as process conditions, test results, instrument readings, shipping and receiving paperwork, plant data sheets, environmental reports, inventory sheets, inspection reports, etc. as required, either on paper or via computer.
- Perform “in process” analytical methods to maintain quality standards and take corrective action as needed.
- Provide routine maintenance to equipment and instrumentation.
- Perform or maintain housekeeping in assigned areas of the plant.
- Uphold Hawkins, Inc.’s standards for quality and safety through continuous improvement activities and adherence to applicable environmental, safety and health regulations and policies.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 6 months experience as a chemical operator or equivalent experience required
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) complex and/or technical operations and procedures in terms easily understood by non-technical operators required.
- Ability to safely operate an industrial fork truck required
- Ability to comply with all mandatory Environmental, Health, & Safety and process specific training and participate as a member of the Emergency Response Team in Level A PPE required.
- Ability to achieve and maintain 40 Hour HAZWOPER certification required
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of MS Office required. Prior MRP or ERP experience preferred (JD Edwards a plus)
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds occasionally, and up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Must be able to pull/push equipment and/or piping weighing up to 100 pounds into position for 1 to 2 minutes up to 40 times a day.
- Ability to sit, stand, and climb stairs for up to 12 hours per day, climb ladders and work at heights, and work in warehouses or outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Able to perform tasks requiring manual dexterity.
- Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day (following SOPs for facial hair).
- Able to follow production requirements including no exposed jewelry/piercings in a non-smoking, tobacco-free site.
WORK FOR THE BEST
Hawkins offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an award-winning employer and organization! Learn more about us at m.
All resumes/applications must be submitted online.Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.Hawkins, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace Employer
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.