Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Quincy, IL 62305
Position is responsible for managing and directing all production. Exceed customer quality and delivery expectations while meeting financial goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains an injury free and organized work environment. Maintains working knowledge of all health & safety policies; corrects and communicates any unsafe acts, risks and conditions; performs regular workplace inspections; conduct regular safety talks with employees; report all accidents/incidents promptly, conduct investigation & act on recommendations.
- Takes full responsibility of the production staff and results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies and procedures.
- Improves quality by enforcing and establishing quality systems, processes and procedures
- Completes production plan safely and on time by ensuring personnel are scheduled and assigned; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results on shift production summaries / meetings.
- Interfaces with sales and the fleet organization to set shop priorities, resolve issues, and communicate build status.
- Maintains effective staffing profile by recruiting, selecting, orienting training, and developing employees to grow in the organization.
- Ensures operation of equipment by managing maintenance needs; evaluating new equipment and techniques, completing capital requests
- Fosters teamwork and develops team processes to allow work teams effectively manage the daily activities.
- Continuously improves operational performance through data collection, development of metrics, gap analysis, and action planning, and implementing effective change.
- Maintain a high standard of professional knowledge, ethics and practices with customers, subordinates and peers; conduct oneself in a professional manner that reflects integrity and respect.
- Ability to interact with others.
Preferred Training and Experience:
- Previous experience in supervision, coaching and managing processes.
- Experience in tracking budget expenses, production planning, analyzing data, developing process controls and implementation.
- Background in process improvement.
- Ability to deal with complexity.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in MS office suite.
- Previous experience in the truck equipment industry or similar industry.
- BS degree in Industrial engineering, or related technical field or 5 years’ experience in manufacturing or automotive up fit field
- Demonstrated team development and leadership
- Continuous improvement experience, Including Lean Manufacturing, 5S
- Experience in leading change, kaizen
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should to submit a resume in complete confidence.
THE KNAPHEIDE MANUFACTURING COMPANY
PO Box 7140
Quincy, IL 62305
EOE OF MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETS/DISABILITY
To apply for a position at Knapheide, please submit your resume.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and
Individual with Disabilities