Disaster Recovery, Managing Consultant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Springfield, IL 62762
Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
Candidates should have thorough knowledge of disaster recovery strategy, planning, implementation, compliance, monitoring, and closeout and have significant experience managing and overseeing HUD Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR), FEMA Public Assistance, and other federal disaster recovery grant funding sources.
· Minimum of six (6) years of experience working on disaster recovery projects funded by HUD CDBG-DR or FEMA PA
· Experience in disaster recovery, federal procurement, and grants management with ability to work on current large-scale disaster recovery efforts
· Thorough knowledge of federal grant program regulations
· Strong analytical skills, ability to research, analyzing and synthesize data in a meaningful way
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and communicate regularly with project leadership and client points of contact
· Ability to work independently as required, with a strong commitment to team environment
· Ability to meet project milestones and delivery schedules
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
· Ability to travel 80%
· Masters Degree preferred (MBA, MPA, others)
· Experience directly managing HUD CDBG-DR and FEMA PA projects including housing, infrastructure, and economic development
· Experience with federal procurement regulations and requirements
· Experience researching and analyzing federal regulations
· Experience developing tools, forms, and templates to support clients adherence to applicable federal, state, and local regulations
· Experience drafting documents, memos, letters, and other formal communications to clients
+ The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life & Supplemental Life
Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
Skills Development & Certifications
Employee Referral Program
Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program