Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
Our Production department is seeking to add talented Production Associate/Material Handlers to our Lincolnshire facility. The purpose of this role is to safely, efficiently and effectively contribute to the overall operating process and provide quality product to our customers.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
• Excellent pay – You can make an average of $47,500 in year one! Pay starts at $16.11 per hour with scheduled yearly pay increases of 2% through 2021. Employees receive premium pay (time and one-half) for hours worked on Saturday and Sunday and receive shift differential pay for evening shifts.
• Incentive plan – Employees are eligible for a Productivity Incentive Plan once completing 90 days of service. The plan is paid on a monthly basis with a maximum payout of 30%. The plan paid an average of 17% in 2019, indicating incentive pay potential of approximately $7,000 annually in the first year of employment.
• Benefits – Aleris offers a competitive benefit program including paid vacation and holidays. Employees are eligible for medical, dental and vision insurance which begins first of the month after hire. New employees are immediately eligible to participate for the 401(k) plan, including Company match up to 2.5%; additional Employer contributions of 4% after one year of employment.
• Advancement – New employees will have the opportunity to bid for higher paying Operator positions as these positions become available. These Operator positions range in pay from $17.86 to $19.28.
• Training – Aleris will pay for you to become certified in equipment including material handling equipment and overhead cranes. You will even receive training on the automated manufacturing equipment.
• Work in a safe manner in compliance with all Aleris safety and environmental requirements, policies, and regulatory statutes
• Assist the Mill and/or CFL finishing line operators in the preparation and processing of aluminum coils.
• Operate production line equipment to transfer, stack, wrap, and store finished material.
• Remove scrap from production lines and loading trucks for proper disposal.
• Stack and arrange material in the High-Bay area.
• Follow all required work instructions and quality standards.
• Assist the production line staff in the inspection of coils to minimize production errors.
• Analyze and recommend corrective actions to eliminate root cause and maximizing equipment performance.
• Safely operating forklifts, overhead cranes, and power-tools.
• Provide any necessary training to area team members on work instructions, production processes, and safety procedures.
• Ensure 5s and housekeeping programs are maintained and followed.
• Interact with Maintenance on equipment failure and repairs.