Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
BARRINGTON, IL 60010
A Payroll Administrator role has become available with a company through Robert Half Finance and Accounting. The client is searching for a candidate that is skilled in the production of accurate and timely payroll for employees, communicate effectively, and deliver strong internal customer service while working in a deadline-driven environment. This full-time employment opportunity is based in the Barrington, Illinois area. Act now and submit an application today!
What you get to do every day
- Inquire fringe benefit reporting, pay practices related to FLSA, and other payroll areas to determine how those practices apply to advise management
- Establish systems and protocols to direct the collection, calculation and entering of pay data
- Guide regular payroll reporting as required and assist with financial audits related to pay records and associated general ledger
- Follow current payroll tax requirements and relevant laws associated with the processing of employee wage data, including payroll taxes, employee federal and state income and social security taxes and other required reporting
- Work with Information Technology, Human Resources, and other internal business partners to ensure security protocols for pay systems
- Aim for timely processing of payroll in accordance with labor regulations and standard accounting principles
- Handle voluntary deductions, as well as wage garnishments, pay levies, and other involuntary court-ordered payments in a timely manner, including reporting to the necessary authorities
- Check data entered by others in the payroll software to include, but not limited to salary/wage increases, benefit deductions, employee termination dates, and employee leaves of absence under FMLA or other unpaid leave
- Administer quarterly and year-end payroll reports
- Facilitate staff with general questions related to payroll, other pay related issues, wage deductions, PTO accruals, and fringe benefits
- Someone who has processed payroll and knows the ins and outs, not someone who just processed payroll through a third party company.
-Deep understanding of Microsoft Office Suites
- Solid understanding of QuickBooks
- Expertise in intuit proseries
- 3+ years of payroll experience
- experience in in HRIS system and high proficiency with spreadsheets
- Proficient in garnishments, processing liens, and various withholdings
- CPP or FPC prescribed
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities – fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 / Yearly
Location: BARRINGTON, IL
Date Posted: September 2, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 01310-0011509978
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance