Licensed Massage Therapist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
PEORIA, IL 61615-9244
Job Title: Massage Therapist
Reports To: Massage Manager, Guest/Employee Relations Manager, General Manager, Owner
Objective. To perform services as outlined in Five Senses protocols, follow appropriate service wheels, and carryout all tasks as assigned in an efficient and professional manner. Items listed within this document will evolve as needed to respond to the needs of the business, and will include other tasks as assigned.
1. Professionalism: Service all guests in a professional and courteous manner. Provides high-end customer service experiences. Properly represent Five Senses to guests, the public.
2. Technical Skills: Perform all technical services, for which you are licensed and trained to perform, to the absolute best of your ability, maintaining client comfort and safety at all times.
3. Service Wheel: Follow Five Senses service wheel to achieve 5 star experiences. Including experience cards.
4. Product Knowledge: Educate and recommend home care products to every guest on every visit.
5. Sanitation: Maintain sanitation of your working area/equipment/tools as required by Five Senses and state board guidelines.
6. Formula History: Update guest history during or after each service. This button is called “Formula History” in Salon Iris. Notes pertaining to service need to be noted in this section.
7. Aromas: No smoking/vaping, or odor on self or clothing during your shift. Any aromas on your body (ex. perfume, body spray, etc.) must be Aveda.
1. Schedule: Will be available and present for the provided schedule. Available to work evenings, weekends, and during busy holiday periods. Will not have excessive absenteeism. Understands holidays and block-out time periods. Punctual for your shift (15 min before/after) and your guests.
2. Professionalism: Accept guidance and direction from Manager/Directors /Owner as appropriate. Treat all guests and team members with respect and integrity. Smile and make eye contact. Maintain a positive, enthusiastic attitude. Be honest and dedicated in your work. Maintain a professional appearance.
3. Team Work: Assist fellow team members as time allows: including, but not limited to, sweeping up, cleaning up work stations, make-up touch ups, setting up, flipping rooms, etc. Contribute fully to all opening and closing duties as well as specific projects as assigned.
4. Dedication: Complete necessary training and be willing to perform any service for which you are trained. Embrace and seek out training to further your skills.
5. Advocate: Performs/Receives and Supports/Uses the products and services provided by Five Senses Spa and Salon.
1. Employee Manual: Abide by the Employee Manual.
2. Communication: Maintain communication among managers and coworkers.
3. Participation: Participate in staff meetings, events, educational opportunities, training, etc..
4. Other: Special projects and other duties as assigned. Requirements
a. Education & Lic: High School Graduate, up to date state license(s).
b. Mental: Ability to maintain a positive attitude during busy days/time periods.
c. Physical/Body Positions: Extensive standing, bending, and reaching. Sufficiently corrected vision to determine needs of client and effectiveness of treatment. Have full use of hands, arms, and fingers.
d. Environment: Environmentally controlled facility. Occasional off-site and/or outside events
e. Industry Exp: 1+
f. Training, Skill, Knowledge, Abilities: Knowledge and technical expertise of services within your department(s). Must be current with industry trends and techniques by seeking out or participating in continuous training.
g. Specialty Services: Become trained and proficient in two specialty services offered by Five Senses Spa and Salon, for example wigs, smoothing treatment, extensions, etc.
h. Communication: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the public and staff.
i. Confidentiality: Maintain records, system, guest, staff and company information confidential.