Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Du Quoin, IL 62832
Person in this position will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical support of the program in accordance with the Department of Human Service’s Division of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse (DASA). Essential Job Functions include those listed below.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide administrative/secretarial support to the Lead Counselor, e.g., scheduling appointments, correspondence, handling incoming/outgoing phone contacts assisting with monthly, quarterly and annual reports and other related duties;
- Coordinate and prepare designated programmatic meetings, including meeting announcements, agenda, meeting material and recording/transcription of minutes of meetings;
- Provide clerical support to the counseling and administrative staff as requested;
- Assist in the development and implementation of substance abuse treatment policies, procedures, and program materials.
- Make travel arrangements for staff members as needed;
- Maintain filing system for administrative files and any other relevant files;
- Review and distribute, when appropriate, all incoming mail addressed to the program and administrative staff;
- Embrace and embody the mission, vision, guiding principles, clinical vision and goals of WestCare Foundation; and
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Assist with payroll
- Assist with supplies
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Past experience in a secretarial position, preferably in a social service setting;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Superior writing skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion;
- Ability to work well in a team environment;
- Superior organizational skills;
- Strong computer skills, to encompass all Microsoft Office applications;
- Adherence to the highest standard of ethical conduct, especially to standards governing confidentiality; and
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work is performed in an institutional setting.
- The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, BUT exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment. Appropriate personal protective equipment will be readily available to every employee engaged in Category III tasks;
- Occasional lifting of more than 10 pounds;
- Sitting for most of the work shift; and
- Constant use of computer and telephone systems.
Job Location: DuQuoin Prison – 835 IL-154 – DuQuoin, IL
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: Negligible
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Undisclosed