Business Development Officer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oak Brook, IL 60523
The Inland Real Estate Group, LLC IGC, LLC
2901 Butterfield Rd
Oak Brook, IL 60523, USA
Inland Green Capital is seeking an originator/business development officer for the origination of Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) project financing. PACE allows for commercial property owners to obtain financing to upgrade their commercial property with energy-saving improvements (e.g. solar panels, LED lighting, HVAC) through the placement of an assessment on the property which is repaid back through the property tax bill. Inland Green Capital provides financing to the property owners.
The position of originator/business development officer is responsible for utilizing knowledge, training, and experience to assist the Company to solicit, originate, and facilitate the processing and closing of PACE financing transactions on behalf of clients. The employee will also originate his/her own transactions on behalf of the Company by soliciting property owners in accordance with company guidelines and PACE industry norms. This position must be organized and very detail-oriented, good with numbers and have excellent customer service skills.
- Assist the company to solicit, originate, and facilitate the processing and closing of PACE transactions
- Follow up on incoming transaction leads, solicit leads, input transaction files into the company data system, prepare financing packages, and handle transaction paperwork.
- Underwrite transactions and prepare transaction packages for approval committee
- Seek out additional information as necessary to complete a transaction such as appraisals, environmental reports, title reports, and due diligence reports.
- Communicate with property owners and other transaction stakeholders on progress and missing documentation and other information.
- Assists the Company with marketing activities.
- Demonstrates the highest standards of personal and professional integrity, adheres to the company’s policies and procedures and complies with applicable laws, government rules, and regulations.
- Work on special projects as needed
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in finance or related area
- General knowledge of the PACE market and real estate tax liens
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in PACE financing, commercial real estate lending, or tax lien financing.
- Experience in real estate-related finance origination
- Background with PACE or commercial real estate underwriting
- Be a self-starter who is able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and display a high level of organization
- Articulate in both written and verbal communication. Willingness and ability to present transactions for approval and to clients.
- Must be able to work remotely and outside office per company guidelines on COVID-19
- Excellent Organizational Skills
We are a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment background checks and drug screening is performed on all new hires, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, familial, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classes.
We are an E-Verify employer. Please click the following link to learn more.
Bachelors or better in Finance or related field.
3 years:PACE financing, commercial real estate lending, or tax lien financing
Posted: August 6, 2020