Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Barrington, IL 60010
We are seeking a Medical Assistant to become a part of our team! You will perform routine administrative and clinical assignments, including front desk responsibilities as needed, to keep the medical office running smoothly. The position involves working one-on-one with a busy Family Medicine doctor. We see patients of all ages and both sexes who are seen for physicals, sick visits, and a host of other medical needs. Office is open on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and some Saturdays (morning only and usually 1-2 per month). Closed on Thursday.
- Answer phone, schedule appointments, check-in patients, verify logistics, collect co-pays and account balances (front desk assistance as needed)
- Handle all administrative duties in a timely manner
- Perform routine clinical tasks to support medical staff
- Communicate with insurance companies for proper billing procedures
- Inventory medical supplies and vaccines and re-order when supply is low
- Escort patients to exam rooms, take chief complaint and vitals
- Perform EKG, phlebotomy, immunizations for children and adults
- Other job tasks will be discussed in the interview and are typical for a medical assistant who is certified.