Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Springfield, IL 62762
Under direction and supervision of finance management assist by providing support of the general ledger applications, by maintaining various detailed financial analysis and assist in the preparation of financial statements, budgets, tax returns, feasibility studies, and other financial research projects as required for assigned corporations. Assure established departmental deadlines are met as well as provide assistance and support to attain departmental goals and objectives.
+ Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance required or Bachelor’s degree in business with five years work experience in accounting or finance.
+ One year experience in accounting and/or related field preferred.
+ Must possess good communication and human relations skills.
+ Must possess good analytical skills.
+ Experience with personal computers (including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
1. Coordinate information flow, journal entries and complete monthly financial statements for assigned entity(s).
2. Analyze and maintain selected account analyses and related schedules as assigned, in accordance with both accepted accounting standards and MHS policies and procedures, within the time frames established to meet monthly financial statement deadlines.
3. Prepare financial analysis in support of corporate feasibility studies and other research and business development projects.
4. Complete IRS and other statutory and Intercorporate reports and filings for assigned entities.
5. Provide financial analysis and support in preparation of operating budgets for all assigned entities.
6. Complete monthly trial balance review, account and variance analysis for assigned entities.
7. Prepare workpapers as required for the year-end audit by the public accounting firm.
8. Maintain current knowledge of relevant administrative policies, department policies, government regulations, and other guidelines.
9. Act as liaison between Finance and Information Systems for Lawson issues and other departments as requested.
10. Perform other duties as assigned in support of the department.
Requisition ID: 2020-4748
External Company Name: Memorial Health System
Street: 400 W. Lawrence Ave.