Registered Nurse (Expert)-Pre/Post Ambulatory Surgery
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westchester, IL 60154
Performs responsibilities in each of the four role components of nursing practice: Clinician, Teacher, Researcher, and Leadership. Understands and integrates into the delivery of patient care the needs of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent and adult patients in regards to the growth and development process. Actively supports the hospital’s/department’s Continuous Quality Improvement and Customer Service goals individually and as an effective team member. Coordinates all resources within surgical specialty area.
1. Performs functions of scrub nurse, circulating nurse, or RN First Assistant (if credentialed) to provide intra-operative nursing care following Lurie Children’s Operating Room policies.
2. Facilitates specialty service and inter-departmental communications including surgeons, vendors and contracted services. Assures availability of specialty service instruments and equipment.
3. Participates in the orientation, evaluation and continuing education of the Operating Room staff.
4. Facilitates the team concept by: a) selecting staff members with appropriate skill levels for team participation; b) ensuring optimum utilization of team members, and c) using structured team conferences to provide mechanism for team evaluation of patient care.
5. Communicates with primary nurses and APNs to provide continuity of peri-operative patient care.
6. Assists in revising, updating and developing policies and procedures for the Operating Room, Recovery Room and Outpatient Surgery. Promotes compliance to standards set by Lurie Children’s, JCAHO, IDPH, OSHA, AORN and other regulatory bodies.
7. Develops expenditure proposals to incorporate into the annual capital and operations budgets. Ensures an adequate inventory of specialty supplies and equipment.
8. Participates in hospital committees as requested. Participates in Operating Room activities to include on-call coverage.
9. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of pertinent aspects and competency with protocols related to the use of chemical disinfection, high level disinfection, and sterilization if required as part of the responsibilities of the role.
1. Bachelors degree in nursing or higher required.
2. At least 1 yr of RN OR experience required. A minimum of three years operating room experience preferred, to include one year of experience in a surgical specialty area at Lurie Children’s.
3. Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Illinois.
4. Basic Life Support certification from the American Heart Association
5. Ability to effectively communicate with patient/families, physicians and hospital staff.
6. Ability to hold children and react quickly to emergency situations.
7. Ability to lift/move patients and equipment sometimes in excess of 20 pounds.
8. Special certifications may be required by department.
Requisition ID: 2020-13404
Street: 2301 Enterprise Dr