Life Cycle Management (LCM) Product Engineer - Service
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Moline, IL 61265
Job Description: Act as technical contact person to provide investigative and practical support to the Sales team and purchasing teams. Understand concurrency in LCM processes on different product and component families. Work with KONE teams that are involved from the different groups within the company such as technology team, manufacturing in supply line, product technical support group, sourcing and purchasing team from KONE to support new product releases. Monitor and research KONE elevator product changes following the rules of component interchange-ability and suggest possible product enhancements or changes to product configurations leveraging the wide understanding about elevators and escalators. Examine the effect of changes on associated components. During the product Health Care Phase, work within to support and document planned product enhancements, monitor product reliability and collect as well as analyze feedback to initiate corrective actions and coordinate product changes. Manage documents and parts associated with the products using company systems such as SAP, Varipdm and Variclient, a key proprietary KONE system for part structure leveraging knowledge in SAP, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office. Identify needs of improvement areas and initiate corrective actions. Coordinate and document Obsolescence and Product Retirement with the associated KONE supply lines, front lines, spares department and suppliers. Identify needs of improvement areas and initiate corrective actions. Support Life Cycle Management functions for assigned products during the retirement phase. Develop concepts for new products in support product line expansion by understanding of market needs for a related product. Analyze data and translate data into effective management information.
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or a related field.
Work Experience Requirement: 5 years’ experience in product development, manufacturing, and/or technical environment within the elevator and escalator industry.
Travel Requirement: Up to 40% domestic and international travel
- of Employees Supervised: None
Foreign Language Requirement: None
Specific Skills Requirement – must have professional experience in:
1. 2 years of experience with concurrency in LCM processes on different product and component families.
2. 3 years of experience with data analysis identifying root causes of problems by running reports, classifying failures by type of failure, reason of failure, area of responsibility, etc.
3. 4 years of experience with SAP and AutoCAD.
4. 5 years of experience with technical print reading and understanding of Mechanical and Electrical Diagrams.
5. 5 years of experience troubleshooting of Electrical components.
6. 5 years of experience with identifying components and replacements and developing engineering solutions for obsolete components in elevator and escalator systems.