Senior Contract Manager of supply chain contract flow
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Shift: Full time, Days
Reporting to the Director of Supply chain Category and Supplier Management, the Sr. Contract Manager, is responsible for preparing, interpreting and managing contracts for a broad variety of NCH requirements including clinical items, medical/surgical commodities, laboratory products, medical equipment, service agreements, non-medical goods and purchases, and contracts for temporary labor and consulting agreements. Responsible for identifying appropriate methodologies for contracts including Group Purchasing Organization (GPO’s), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quote (RFQ’s), Requests for Information (RFI’s), and any other best practice procurement methodology. Prepares price/cost analyses for contracts and identifies opportunities to reduce costs or increase value. Tracks and monitors contract changes, deliverables and performance. Negotiates contract terms and conditions and identifies potential liabilities or unfavorable terms and recommends resolutions. Ensures all contracts are in compliance with applicable federal, state and local mandates and that all analyses and reporting follow established Procurement Business Processes. Ensures principles of good management in that contracts are administered in a way that ensures sound management and fiscal practice to manage risk and to control the quality of the services purchased and provided on behalf of NCH and its patients.
1. Leads the negotiations for a full range of service and supply contracts. Leads the administration of contracts in accordance with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Effectively promotes terms and influences the agreement process for deliverables, pricing and contingencies which are favorable to NCH’s needs over the life of the contract. Investigates and identifies ways and methods for cost savings through structuring agreements or through vendor selection, utilizing tools for the extraction, aggregation and analysis of data.
2. Establishes and develops relationships with product and service providers to ensure quality and on-time services at the agreed upon price per the contract. Maintains effective and ongoing working relationships to ensure compliance with KPI and contracted terms. Monitors performance against contracted terms and quality of deliverables. Troubleshoots issues with vendors to attempt problem resolution before escalation. Conducts quarterly business reviews of vendor performance,
3. Interprets, evaluates, assimilates and coordinates pertinent contractual details to correctly enter/ represent the contract systematically. Effectively drafts sound contracts, detailing agreements for goods and services with vendors. Utilizes established templates, contract language and terms to ensure consistency and effectiveness of contracts. Ensures that the standards set by The Joint Commission of Contracted Services, section LD.4.03.09, and LD.3.50 are consistently met when contracting for goods or services. Submits contracts for legal review as needed.
4. Utilizes appropriate tools to advertise bidding opportunities to the market place and uses available market data and existing local and group purchasing contracts to ensure that competitive prices are received. Reviews and analyzes vendor pricing, bids and responses to RFP’s and RFQ’s. Works with and advises internal customers on obtaining best value from vendors. Works with hospital staff to determine equipment maintenance requirements, supply needs and negotiating strategies. Reviews, modifies and approves specifications and determines KPIs with NCH staff input.
5. Establishes and develops relationships with a full range of product and service providers to ensure quality and on-time services at the agreed-upon prices are provided and maintained. Maintains effective and ongoing working relationships to ensure compliance with KPI and contracted terms. Monitors performance against contracted terms and quality of deliverables. Ensures volume rebates and quality levels of goods and services are met by vendors. Initiates appropriate corrective actions including contract termination if conditions or vendor performance are not according to established agreement terms.
6. In cooperation with the Director of Value Analysis and Strategic Sourcing, identify opportunities for cost reduction initiatives, standardization and utilization of products to maximize benefit. Assists with creating and modifying document templates, standard verbiage, required terms, legal defensibility and other formal documentation specifications and analysis tools to ensure consistency and compliance for contracts, RFP’s, RFQ’s, etc. Recommends and implements processes to ensure timely renewal of all contracts with the use of the contract repository. Recommends and implements processes to ensure effective management of vendor selection, inventory management and product and service selection are maintained.
7. Serves as a key stakeholder in NCH’s decision regarding the appropriateness of entering into a contract on behalf of NCH. Drafts, reviews and recommends contracts for final approval and execution.
8. Conducts market analysis to identify opportunities for improved pricing throughout NCH and where applicable. Researches Group Purchasing Organization’s contracts and applicability within the ERP item master for contractible items. Presents savings or value enhancement opportunities to the Director of Strategic Sourcing and/or Senior Leaders.
9. Adhere to all Northwest Community Hospital standards, policies, and procedures.
1. Associate’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field*required,Bachelor’s degree preferred. In lieu of degree, minimum 10 years relevant Healthcare supply chain experiencerequired.*
2. Minimum*5 years*experience in a Healthcare environment with successful contract negotiation within supply chain operations including the drafting, issuing, and facilitation of Requests for Proposals (RFP’s); contract & proposal development and terms and conditions negotiation required.
3. Minimum 5 years experience in a Healthcare environment identifying potential contract liability and renegotiating unfavorable terms and negotiating a wide range of contracts for purchased services, supplies, medical equipment, etc. required.
4.*Proficiency*with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint*required.*
5. Exposure to tools including reverse auctions, Supplier Relationship Management and Supplier Performance Management preferred.
6. Experience in managing projects and redesigning processes preferred.
7. The negotiating skills needed to develop and execute data driven strategies that reflect total cost of ownership, i.e. price and terms and conditions, and are consistent with NCH contracting policies and procedures.
8. The computer skills to access, research and extract information from the Internet and from ERP systems.
9. The analytical skills to aggregate and prepare accurate analyses of existing spend data, regardless of source, and to evaluate new pricing proposals on a total cost basis.
10. A high level of interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written, to interact effectively with hospital staff, physicians, vendors, patients and/or members of the community.
11. Proficient report writing and query skills to monitor changes to system master files.
12. Process analysis skills to define current processes and performance metrics, determine improvement opportunities and propose changes.
13. The organizational skills to complete multiple tasks while remaining flexible, and to perform work assignments under minimal supervision despite distractions and interruptions.
1. Requires very little physical effort. Rarely required to walk or stand for prolonged periods. May require occasional lifting or moving lightweight material, or rarely lifting or moving average weight material.
2. The flow of w