Cytotechnologist - Full time
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
*S**hift: Full time, Days, Weekend as needed*
Reports to the Laboratory Operations Manager.
Performs microscopic evaluation of prepared cytologic specimen and engaged with all aspects of the cytology specimen workflow including receipt, accessioning, processing, staining, cover-glass mounting, laboratory information system (LIS) resulting and reporting and provides assistance with fine-needle aspiration and core biopsy adequacy procedures.
• Performs initial cytological evaluation of gynecological specimens.
• Performs initial cytological evaluation of non-gynecological specimen preparations including fine needle aspirations and special stains.
• Results and reports (when appropriate) cytologic specimen findings into LIS (EPIC).
• Integrates cytology-based molecular test (HPV) results into the cytology report.
• Provides processing guidance to the specimen processors as necessary or required.
• Able to operate equipment as required or necessary.
• Responsible for QA and statistics reporting workload.
• Maintain knowledge and comply with regulatory agencies including CAP, JC, OSHA
• Follow NCH policies and procedures.
1. Must be CT with current proficiency.
2. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with physicians and staff.
3. The analytical skills to problem solve in all areas of cytological collection, processing, and reporting.
4. The ability to use a computer for the storage and retrieval of data.
5. The organizational skills necessary to prioritize and perform daily workload.
1. Little physical effort. Must be able to tolerate extended periods of sitting. Rarely required to walk or stand for prolonged periods. May require occasional lifting or moving light weight material, or rarely lifting or moving average weight material.
2. Flow of work and character of duties requires concentrated mental/visual attention most of the time.
1. There is risk of exposure to infectious disease and hazardous chemicals and solutions.
Job: Professional/ Technical Clinical
Title: Cytotechnologist – Full time
Location: Illinois-Arlington Heights
Requisition ID: 201348