Signage Administrative Assistant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Batavia, IL 60510
We’re ALDI, one of America’s favorite grocers. We’ve grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it’s in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
We have a message to get out: we’re growing. Fast. ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation, and we are charting an aggressive growth course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. That’s why we need people dedicated to helping us connect with our new customers and keeping our current customers coming back for more! On our Marketing, Advertising and PR teams, you can do just that, showing the nation just what kind of company we are. With a thriving organization like ours, this can make for a rewarding career.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $21.00/hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Manages product and pricing data on price cards for all stores
• Builds reports for three main functions: weekly sign order (ordering signs for all stores on a weekly basis), Grand opening price card kits (ordering all signs needed for a new store opening), and competitive retail kits (for a specific region of stores on a competitive pricing program)
• Oversees weekly sign order; follows a structured and cyclical schedule to compile product data from 15+ resources into a single report on a weekly basis. This involves using both manual data entry and Excel functions such as V-lookups, etc.
• Liaises between print vendors and internal buying and pricing experts to verify product data when resources conflict
• Works within limitations of legacy software while identifying areas of improvement to make processes more efficient and accurate
• Evaluates report data critically to ensure variables such as regional retails are accurate.
• Maintains various computer applications, database management, report generation and tracking spreadsheets.
• Evaluates invoices for accuracy, resolves discrepancies, and prepares for approval.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Associate’s Degree in Marketing or related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
• Prepares written materials to meet audience and purpose.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
+ 401(k) Plan
+ Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
+ Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
+ PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
+ Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
+ Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
+ Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
+ Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
+ Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.