Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60684
Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago. To view open positions, please enter your search criteria below. You may view all open positions by not specifying any search criteria and selecting the “Search” button.
Bookmark this Posting
Apply for this Job
Chicago-Water Tower Campus
HUMAN RESOURCES: SYS & PROCESS (04600G)
Is this split and/or fully grant funded?
Duties and Responsibilities
The Manager of HRIS is the owner or subject matter expert of the Infor/Lawson Human Resources application. This position leads upgrades, testing of system changes, report writing/distribution, technical projects as assigned and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
1. Inputs into HRIS system all employee and payroll data for faculty and supplemental salary payments.
2. Leads and assist with system maintenance – Assist in the review, testing and implementation of HRIS system upgrades, interfaces or patches. Collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix and resolves software and hardware problems. Maintain, develop, modify and update HRIS system tables and codes. Maintains systems to ensure data integrity, continued operations and reporting efficiency. Documents process and results.
3. Production support – Provide support for HRIS including, but not limited to, researching and resolving HRIS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; performs scheduled activities; recommends solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements
4. Reports/Queries – Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs. Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
5. Training – Including developing user procedures, guidelines and documentation. Trains clients on new processes/functionality. Trains new system users.
6. Collaborates with external partners in Finance (especially Payroll) and ITS (HR support team and project teams) on all aspects of change management and ongoing business process review, improvements and scheduled upgrades related to the HRIS systems.
7. Maintains awareness of current trends in HRMS. Continuously increases both HR knowledge and HRIS application/tools knowledge. Participates in user group meetings/conferences.
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in HR, HRIS, Information Technology or a related field is required. A minimum of 5 -7 years-experience in human resources related field, including at least 3 years of experience managing complex HRIS systems.
A Bachelor’s degree in HR, HRIS, Information Technology or a related field is required. A minimum of 5 -7 years-experience in human resources related field, including at least 3 years of experience managing complex HRIS systems. Must have a broad knowledge base in best practices in human resources concerning record keeping, hiring, onboarding, leave management, benefits, terminations, etc.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong understanding of HR processes and data, including eligibility and enrollment rules, and benefit procedures in order to ensure correct implementation. Strong understanding of HRMS database design, structure, functions and processes, and experience with databases tools. Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with an HRIS such as PeopleSoft, Workday or ADP EV2.
Extensive knowledge of HRIS systems, with at least two years of Infor/Lawson experience. Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with other HRIS such as PeopleSoft, Workday or ADP EV2.
Required operation of university owned vehicles
Does this position require direct animal or patient contact?
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Posting