Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
The Sr. Accountant leads the accounting processes of the company including treasury responsibilities (AR / AP), asset tracking (e.g. inventory), month end closes, and providing support to the managers of the business. The role reports to the CFO and has one direct report.
• Manage all AR / AP activities and oversee one direct report who specializes in this area
• Conduct treasury activities including asset-based borrowing and cash forecasting (on a weekly basis)
• Perform all month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts, and review of month-end results
• Preparation and review of financial statements to ensure transactions and consolidations are properly reflected and in accordance with U.S. GAAP
• Compare actual financial performance against operational budget and provide meaningful explanations of fluctuations / discrepancies
• Update the financial model with actuals and assist in forecasting and budgeting
• Assist in business valuation when necessary
• Streamline and process improvement projects, enhancing the internal controls over accounting systems, processes, metrics, and reporting
• Improve and implement new accounting policies and procedures
• Design, testing and roll-out of financial systems/tools/processes
• Help grow the finance and accounting function as the company scales
• Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
• BA/BS degree in Accounting and CPA
• At least 7 years of accounting experience
• Solid knowledge and application of accounting and auditing principles, procedures and operation
• Strong knowledge and application of US GAAP
• Be able to forecast incoming/outgoing cash flow and develop payment schedules on a weekly basis
• Be able to perform month-end bank reconciliation, and balance sheet account reconciliation
• Be able to prepare monthly financial statements.
• Be able to prepare financial packages for external creditors and shareholders.
• Be able to analyze financial results against budget, forecast, and historical performance.
• Be able to use analytics to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan
• Be able to administrate accounting system and improve internal control procedures.
• Be able to provide timely and accurate financial information for the organization and external users.
• Be able to use financial models to forecast future financial performance based on certain variables or specific financial decisions.
• Be familiar with QuickBooks and Microsoft office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent organizational skill, analytical skill, and problem-solving skill.
• Superior attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong work ethic and willingness to take more responsibilities.