Production Tool and Die Maker
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Rockford, IL 61108
Are you an experienced tool and die maker looking for a 1st shift role? Do you have a passion for manufacturing and an understanding of manufacturing technology? If so apply today.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoots existing dies and fixtures when quality issues occur while the tool is in production.
- Studies specifications such as blue prints, sketches, models and/or verbal descriptions, visualizes the product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate the parts.
- Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Measures, marks and scribes metal stock for machining.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, mills, saws and grinders. When complete, verifies the conformance of parts to specifications.
- Smooth’s flat and contoured surfaces. Fits and assembles parts together into assemblies and mechanisms.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, fits and clearances of new or replacement tooling components.