Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Skokie, IL 60077
Mission-driven LanzaTech is a revolutionary solution to climate change, capturing pollution to clean our skies and oceans and create new high value products for a sustainable future. LanzaTech captures pollution to make fuels and chemicals, including sustainable jet fuel and products you use every day. The technology is like retrofitting a brewery onto an emission source like a steel mill or a landfill site, but instead of using sugars and yeast to make beer, pollution is converted by biology to fuels and chemicals! Imagine a day when your plane is powered by recycled emissions, when your yoga pants started life as pollution from a steel mill. This future is possible using LanzaTech technology.
+ 2020 Biofuels Digest #3 Best Company to work for in the Advanced Bioecomony
+ 2020 Fast Company World Changing Company
+ 2020 CNBC #43 on Top 50 Disrupter Companies list
+ 2019 Chicago Innovation Awards Winner
+ 2019 Fortune Magazine – Change the World – Companies to watch
+ 2019 Kirkpatrick Chemical Engineering Achievement Award
+ LanzaTech is committed to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion as part of our mission, culture & core values
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. LanzaTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
The Financial Analyst plays a vital role in budgeting, financial forecasting, internal management reporting, performing variance analysis, and other special projects. This team member will work cross-functionally to generate budgets and financial forecasts while providing financial support to senior management. General responsibilities will include preparing forecasts and scenario plans, compiling financial information for billing purposes, assisting with financial presentations, and other projects requested by senior management and LanzaTech staff.
· Prepare financial reports comparing budget vs actuals, project performance, and cash flow
· Work with project teams to build budgets, track financial performance, compile billing information, and recommend actions to improve project financial performance
· Analyze trends in revenue generation, expenditures, and other related areas
· Assist with compilation and analysis of long-term forecast model
· Develop and improve project financial models to support changes in the business
· Compile financial information for presentations for Senior Management Team and Board of Directors
· Prepare ad hoc analyses through a detailed understanding of ERP reporting systems
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or related field
· 3+ years of experience working in Finance or a related discipline
· Experience with financial modeling
· Strong analytical, problem solving skills
· High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
· Hands-on approach
· Collaborative, energetic, strong work ethic
· Experience with NetSuite or other ERP software
· Experience in an international/global organization