Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
OAKBROOK TERRACE, IL 60181
At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Develops, directs and leads personnel in the management of complex distribution programs and projects consisting of cross-functional teams involving multiple engineering disciplines and multiple construction areas including contract resources. Responsible for managing the scope, schedule, and budget of multiple projects and programs. These projects have budgets that will typically range from $50,000 to multi-million dollars. Implement and monitor reliability programs to ensure that committed reliability projects are designed and completed on time. Obtain financial approval for projects. Directly interface with internal departments, including multi-levels of leadership, and leaders of municipalities and governmental agencies to ensure understanding of the programs under his/her responsibility.
Assure the focus and attainment of business goals and objectives. Develop and maintain an environment that promotes safety, diversity and inclusion, and high productivity.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 × 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:- Manages and oversees the development and implementation of short and long term strategic investment to assure the highest levels of customer services and to achieve Exelons safety, reliability, and performance goals.
- Develop, manage and ensure compliance with the system performance investment strategy. Manage efforts to create a prioritized portfolio of reliability programs in a timely fashion to meet the budgeting schedule. Utilize corporate financial targets as an input and provide operational risk feedback and recommendations for system investments. Ensure alignment of work with financial targets to meet system performance requirements.
- Manage the overall budget. Establish and monitor business plans and business unit objectives. Balance cost control with appropriate capital and maintenance investments.
- Develop and maintain an environment that fosters a high performance culture and learning organization that seeks solutions to balance stakeholder interests.
- Leads management team in promoting diversity. Serves as a change agent for business initiatives and assures the human element is understood and considered. Assure timely recognition of employee contributions.
- Provide leadership to and development of the management team. Provide accurate and timely feedback regarding performance and operation. Conduct performance planning and appraisals. Identify opportunities for growth and learning.
- Establish, maintain, and improve relationships with other departments in Exelon. Contact required with EED VPs, and Sr. Management to align prioritization with corporate drivers to achieve desired system performance.
- Facilitate open, and honest communication with staff. Assure that upward communication is integrated into the process, including employee concerns and complaints. Develop methods to assess communication effectiveness and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Scope involves determining the system performance investment strategy and cost for avoided outage accompanied with a prioritized work management portfolio that brings reliability issues to bear on capital and maintenance program spending. Considerations include operational risk tolerance, targeted reliability, long-term system viability and regulatory obligations oversight for over 4 million customers.
- Provide leadership for the Substation Reliability group. Provide input on technological and financial analysis of substation and distribution equipment. Provide prioritization of emergent work to the Work Management group.
- Provide leadership for the facilitation of RCI’s related to substation events.
- Manage efforts to establish prioritization criteria, supporting systems, processes and controls to develop a balanced work portfolio. Adjust work based upon changes in criteria and operational risk tolerance. Contribute to the delivery of a timely Exelon work portfolio utilizing consistent criteria and prioritization techniques that meets corporate budgeting schedule.
- Ensure work, and budget are aligned to achieve performance targets most effectively.
- Interact with Asset Owners to create a work portfolio that most effectively balances stakeholder interests. Review asset plans and budgets to bring a regulatory perspective to asset planning and investment strategy. Make ongoing adjustments to accommodate changing business drivers.
Education – Bachelors degree in engineering or other technical discipline
Experience – 8-10 years of industry experience in various engineering or operations areas.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of business drivers and system requirements and investment strategy to balance short and long term system performance.
- Self-initiator with proven strategic talent. Requires leadership ability in a high performance culture.
- Proven high level management skills in coaching and facilitating business competency.
- Demonstrated ability to performance long range planning and strategy, build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively, foster culture change and balance multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process enhancements and efficiencies including technology and performance.
- Demonstrated business acumen, customer awareness and ability to create value.
- Graduate degree or Graduate level work in Business Administration
- Electric industry background in the construction, maintenance and troubleshooting of transmission & substation equipment and systems.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Manage a total staff of 13-17 direct reports(variation in total directs based on Company requirements)
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other cl