Healthcare Commercial Banking Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60603
CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with 10 million personal banking, business, public sector and institutional clients. CIBC offers a full range of advice, solutions and services in the United States, across Canada and around the world. In the U.S., CIBC Bank USA provides commercial banking, private and personal banking and small business banking solutions and CIBC Private Wealth Management offers investment management, wealth strategies and legacy planning.
CIBC works to help you make your ambitions a reality with a team that is committed to being always professional, genuinely caring and collaborates to find simple solutions as we build our relationship-focused bank for the modern world.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all of our team members can excel.
This individual will play a key role in the preparation of credit requests and provide support to the relationship managers. Essential duties include:
- Underwrite credit transactions for all lines of business
- Assist with other risk management and product initiatives
- Analyze financial information and statements
- Analyze and identify risks associated with various commercial loans
- Preparation of credit requests
The Commercial Banking Training Program, based in Chicago, Illinois, is a key component to the development of our team of commercial bank relationship managers. Growing and developing top talent is one of our corporate values. It is the launching pad for a career in providing high-quality commercial banking services to middle market companies.
- 3 month training program including classroom learning and practical application
- Taught by professionals from our organization as well as select industry and topic experts
- Classroom phase: accounting, finance, credit analysis, business writing, financial modeling, relevant computer skills
- Practical experience: Once the 3 month classroom learning is complete this candidate will transfer to the Healthcare team and work exclusively on Healthcare deals.
The program is designed to provide you with the skills you will need throughout your professional career, including sales, learning how to build your professional brand, and negotiation training. At the same time, you will gain real-world experience working alongside seasoned commercial Healthcare bankers. You will gain in-depth product knowledge in the areas of financing, treasury management, private banking, and derivatives.
Individuals in the program are full-time employees and eligible for company benefits.
- College degree required, preferably with minimum of two classes of accounting
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 preferred
- Ability to work individually and within teams
- Critical thinking, writing and analytical skills combined with strong interpersonal skills
- Work ethic, commitment to clients, employees and the communities we serve
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word required. Analytical skills and spreadsheet experience with a spreading software program like Moody’s is a plus
Apply Here: https://www.Click2apply.net/53nv7s9r33s6tk2b