Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
O'Fallon, IL 62269
Scott Air Force Base – O’Fallon, IL 62225 US (Primary)
20 – 30%
The candidate who fills this position shall provide network administration expertise in the execution of the Specialized Engineering for Cyber Optimization, Defense & Evaluation (SE-CODE) contract.The candidate will have a background in complex information and network security systems technology integration efforts.
- Will serve as network administration support expert and will implement applicable security best practices; conduct overall vulnerability analysis and provide risk mitigation support.
- Understand, detect and emulate adversary tactics, techniques and procedures.
- Identify and resolve network and application performance issues.
- Perform hardware and software administrator duties and provide maintenance support to CPTs located at multiple DoD locations.
- Respond to first-line customer requests such as user account issues, configuration issues, regular/scheduled maintenance and other touch maintenance functions.
- Use software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose problems affecting network and mission systems performance. Environments typically include a mixture of platforms: Windows and Linux based operating systems.
- Expertise in Microsoft operating systems and applications including Server and Client Operating Systems, Exchange, SharePoint, and patching solutions; expertise in Host Based Security System (HBSS), Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Group Policy, vulnerability management, patch management, antivirus and antivirus management solutions, and virtualization solutions.
- Expertise in Windows and/or Unix or Unix-like operating systems.
- Experience with hardware integration, software development, system testing and configuration management practices.
- Cyber security: experience in vulnerability management and scanning, Host Based Security System (HBSS), intrusion detection/protection systems (IDS/IPS), DNS, wireless technologies, boundary protection solutions (firewalls, web proxies, VPNs, etc.).
- Systems Sustainment: experience in Microsoft and/or Unix-like operating systems, DHCP, group policy, vulnerability management, patch management, and antivirus.
- Understanding of operational and technical requirements of the complex information and network security systems in a military environment
- Extensive experience with Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) information and network security systems, technologies, and tools. Not just able to speak the language, but able to perform hands-on hardware and software functions.
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills and have a demonstrated ability to present complex cyber material in an understandable way to senior DoD and non-DoD officials.
- (Mandatory): TOP SECRET security clearance is required; applicants must already have a fully adjudicated and active clearance.
- (Mandatory): 3 years’ experience in network/system administration.
- (Mandatory): DoD 8570 IAT L3 (CISSP, CISM, etc.)
- (Mandatory): Applicants must have technical certifications (RedHat RHCE, GWAPT, GWEB, and MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (or equivalent) are highly desired)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or information/network security field.
- Advanced degree in a technical or information/network security field is desirable.
- Due to the nature of this US Government contract, US Citizenship is required.
- Experience with Air Force Cyber Protection Team (CPT) operations
- Air Force experience – Understanding of operational and technical requirements of the complex information and network security systems in a military environment
Atlantic CommTech Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer (EEO/AA) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atlantic CommTech is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.