Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Champaign, IL 61820
MSA has an opportunity for a Structural Engineer at our Baraboo, WI; Madison, WI; Milwaukee, WI; or Champaign, IL office. You will have the opportunity to see, and contribute in, projects from start to finish. The various projects you’ll be working on make a significant and positive impact on the communities you serve.
Who we are & how we help:
As a full service, 100% employee-owned consulting firm, MSA is all about creating communities that thrive. We partner with clients to solve complex and multi-faceted challenges and improve the quality of infrastructure and neighborhoods. Our focus is to provide exceptional service that builds strong communities. Above all, MSA’s purpose is to enable people to positively impact the lives of others.
Our engineering professionals work alongside our architects, environmental scientists, funding experts, urban planners and surveyors to provide a full suite of professional services to our clients. From bike trails and interstate highways to drinking water and wastewater, we have supported municipal and private projects from start to finish since the 1930s.
We are collaborative, we are impactful, and together as owners-we make a difference.
Responsibilities – The work you will do:
- Perform structural engineering design of steel, masonry, concrete, and wood structures
- Project management including project planning, scoping, budgeting, contracting, and QA/QC
- Mentoring and assisting with professional development of team members
- Client relations including meetings with existing and new clients
- Assisting with proposal preparation
We tried to narrow it down to just 5 reasons to work at MSA, but we couldn’t stop ourselves! All employees have the opportunity to enjoy the following perks.
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to apply your skills and experiences with an established multi-disciplinary consulting firm
- Support of over 350 close-knit professionals working towards the same common goal
- Co-workers with a passion for what they do
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay and perks
- Work life integration – we know your career should accommodate your life style, not the other way around
- Office summer outing, companywide competitions that benefits our community, coffee, and Friday breakfast (fuel up!), and more…
- Internal & external training opportunities
Eligible employees will have the opportunity to enjoy the following benefits.
- STEM outreach and volunteer opportunities
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage that start on your hire date (no waiting period!)
- 17 days of PTO in just your first year (whoa!)
- 8 paid holidays in a calendar year
- Paid parental leave
- 100% paid by company life insurance, long term disability and short term disability
- ESOP that gives employees beneficial ownership stake in the company (we’re 100% employee owned!)
- 401k plan with generous employer match
MSA is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer