Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
North Chicago, IL 60064
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Location: North Chicago, IL, US
Research technician position to support ongoing studies in Alzheimer’s disease, TBI, and neurodegenerative disease using stem cell biology, iPSCS, cell culture models and rodent cell based assays. Drug discovery and screening assays of novel therapeutics is also a major focus.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Cell culture development and maintenance, including iPSCs and human induced neurons
- Proficiency with viral vectors, subcloning, and transfection techniques
- Optical imaging and fluorescence techniques, utilization of calcium imaging approaches and related indicators
- PCR, and gel electrophoresis
- Experience with RNA, RNA extraction from mouse/rat brains, and qRT-PCR
- Western blotting and immunoassays, Immunohistochemistry
- Familiarity with rodent models, behavior, minor surgical techniques, perfusion techniques
- Collect, compile and analyze data.
- Mentor/teach techniques to qualified students and technicians.
- Mouse husbandry (breeding, weaning, maintenance of colonies, genotyping)
- Orders laboratory supplies and equipment
- Oversee the maintenance of lab equipment and environment
- Other duties of laboratory manager
- Data presentation
Required Education & Experience
- BS in Neuroscience/Biology/Molecular Biology-related field
- Two years of wet lab experience
- Must achieve satisfactory results from a background check
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated mastery of stem cell biology, iPSCs, cell culture techniques and viral vector and molecular biology approaches
- Effective and clear reading, writing and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated project management skills, including ability to manage competing priorities and excellent time management skills
- Detailed record-keeping and organizational skills
- Excellent mentoring and training skills
- Extensive experience in compound screening in model cells using a variety of platforms and methodologies including automated cell plate readers.
- Flexibility and willingness to participate in several ongoing projects
- Extensive knowledge of cell culture techniques, including iPSCs and induced neurons
- Immunoassays: ELISA, WB
- Proficient in optical imaging techniques
- Previous lab management experience
Typical Physical Demands & Working Conditions
Selected candidate must have the mental and physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Apply Here: https://www.Click2Apply.net/rc3vrhw35tsxwczn