Patient Placement RN
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Springfield, IL 62781
Patient Placement RN
Registered Nurse (RN) (Experienced)
This position is responsible for the coordination of all patient placement activities throughout the facility. The Patient Placement RN utilizes their clinical triage expertise and negotiation skills to facilitate the intake and placement of all patients, verifying appropriate patient admission status and orders received from physicians. He/she is responsible for data collection, analysis, and reporting to accomplish corporate and division goals. Partners with physicians and nursing staff to move patients along the continuum of care to optimize quality patient outcomes and customer satisfaction. Understands regulatory compliance and payer requirements, as well as efficiency in patient throughput processes. Facilitates timely transfers from outlying facilities by coordinating an appropriate admitting physician and accepting the condition report, following approved MemorialAccess program guidelines.
Current license as an RN in the State of Illinois. BSN preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years recent acute care clinical experience.
- Supervisory experience desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, multi-tasking, negotiation and customer service skills required.
- Demonstrated problem solving, decision-making, critical thinking and physician relations’ expertise required.
- Knowledge of insurance requirements and admission status criteria.
- Knowledge of federal healthcare regulations, including Medicare and other compliance requirements.
- Proficient with basic computer skills.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Memorial Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.