Cleanroom Innovation Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Aurora, IL 60504
Cleanroom Innovation Engineer
Designs, develops, analyzes, troubleshoots and provides technical skills during research and/or product development.
We have an immediate opening for Cleanroom Innovation Engineer in our Aurora facility. Ideal candidate will collaborate closely with CMP Solutions Engineers and Research Scientist to improve the ability to differentiate and measure CMP performance differences of new slurry and pad technology by developing and leading innovative test methods in defect, thin film, and surface metrology. This role will also lead improvement projects in experiment planning, statistical data analysis, and coordinate external partner collaborations.
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Semiconductor fab yield improvement
- Knowledge of CMP modules in Logic and/or Memory fab
- Defect metrology – SPx, SEM review, defect classification
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Proven communication skills
- Project management and leadership ability
- Cleanroom metrology – film thickness, defect analysis, SEM defect classification
- Support in experimental planning and execution
- Lead new and innovative product test and measurement methods
- Support MySQL, Excel VBA, JMP scripting and statistical data analysis
- Drives data collection, analysis, and reports results
- Subject matter expert in measurement and key collaborator with Engineers and Scientists
- Identifies opportunities to improve Cleanroom and experimental efficiency
- Assists with evaluation and process development activities on new Cleanroom tools, including polishers, metrology equipment, or cleaning equipment
- Keeps detailed records of experimental data and experimental methods, updating for improvements as they are made
- Shares in responsibility for the safety of shift-coworkers
Education – Master’s or higher degree in physics, chemistry or related engineering field
Experience – 2+ years’ experience in Semiconductor fab in yield enhancement role
Technical – Experience working on engineering projects is required. Ability to operate and interpret results from wafer metrology equipment. Defectively metrology experience is a must.
Behavioral – Ability to operate in a highly independent manner; tolerance of ambiguity, dedication to task, planning and organization, attention to detail, strong teamwork and communication skills, highly accountable. Critical to recognize and respond to customer needs in a collaborative, efficient manner.
Computer – Microsoft Office applications skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required; Python/C++, statistical analysis software skills a plus (JMP or Minitab or SAS)
At CMC, we offer…
A sense of belonging within a Global Organization and a way to connect to people around the world. With this, employees have a competitive salary plus a performance-based bonus, a chance to invest in your future with a 401k plan with a generous employer match and a Stock Purchase Plan that lets you be a part of our success. Medical, dental, vision and other Insurance beginning on day one. Our employees take advantage of generous paid time off & a Parental Leave Program. For the future there is an Educational Training and Assistance program.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Cabot Microelectronics Corporation is a M/F, Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA Employer.