Manager, HR Communications
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Deerfield, IL 60015-2542
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth – from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
AG0704 Corporate HR, Exempt
The Manager, HR Communications is accountable for enhancing employee adoption of HR programs through effective communications. The incumbent will lead and manage the execution of all human resource communications efforts that are consistent with the CFHR brand and style guide.
On-going Content Campaigns
- Collaborates with HR functional leaders to develop detailed communications plans that support human resource programs and initiatives, such as recruitment, benefits, wellness, compensation, talent management, recognition, employee engagement and retirees.
- Applies sound change management principles
- Plans and maintains the editorial calendar for all HR communications activities and coordinates with Enterprise Communications department
- Writes and/or edits all HR communications materials, such as emails, newsletters, web portal updates, print brochures and handouts, as well as scripts for video
- Designs graphic elements and digital imagery used in all HR communications
- Manages relationship with third-party agency partners and oversees creative design and production of all communications materials
- Monitors relevant industry trends and HR news sources to curate ideas and articles for use in newsletters and other HR communications vehicles
- Gathers and analyzes feedback on communications effectiveness and develops action plans to continuously improve
- Ensures all communications materials used across the entire lifecycle of employees, from applicant to retiree, are consistent with style guide and CFHR brand
- Facilitates the on-going development and enhancements of the CFHR brand identity and digital assets
- Analyzes the HR audience to define the personas used in content creation
- Provides guidance and direction to content contributors to ensure materials are produced consistent with CFHR brand standards
Employee Communication Portal
- Leads and manages HR’s involvement in the corporate intranet solution. Establishes use-case scenarios and business requirements, collaborates with internal Information Technology to develop and/or configure functionality, coordinates resources and timelines with HR functional owners to develop and manage content
- Tracks and analyzes usage statistics to evaluate visitor engagement. Develops action plans to continuously improve portal usage and engagement
Successful incumbents will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, journalism or related disciplines
- Minimum seven years of professional experience in a large corporate setting with responsibilities for communications of human resources programs where the incumbent has had to think like a content marketer
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills are required in the areas of digital, print, and/or video
- Experience with employee communications software / web portals (i.e., Bananatag, SharePoint)
- Experience with establishing an HR brand identity and communications style guide
- Experience with organizational change management
- Must be PC literate within a Windows environment and be proficient in Microsoft applications
- Must be proficient in using Adobe Creative Suite applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro)
- Well-developed attention to detail and professional standards; strong financial acumen required as well as experience handling access to confidential Company information.
This is a highly visible position within the Company requiring scrupulous attention to professional behavior in all contacts within and outside the Company. This person will be the voice of Human Resources in the interaction with employees, applicants and retirees. The incumbent is required to possess exceptional and proven abilities to design, create and implement employee communications that drive improved adoption of HR programs and initiatives. The incumbent in this position must be poised, self-confident, and have the ability to adapt communications that speak effectively to the full range of audiences from senior management to plant operations.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal"EEO is the Law" poster (PDF)and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at .
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities