Customer Quality Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Aurora, IL 60504
Customer Quality Engineer
Cabot Microelectronics Corporation (CMC) is searching for a Customer Quality Engineer to join the team in Aurora, IL. The Customer Quality Engineer must provide product quality support by collaborating with customers and the global account teams to understand and fulfill customer expectations in support of our Slurry product line. The successful candidate will need to have Quality and CMP applications experience, good communication skills, the ability to work effectively with global cross-functional teams and be innovative and daring in their approach to problem solving.
What will your key responsibilities be?
- Drive Customer Quality Communication and Satisfaction
- Drive improvement in Customer Scorecards, develop plans to improve customer happiness and relationships.
- Proactively develop plans with Account Teams to promote Quality, Operations, Process, and product improvements for customers.
- Understand business team functional strategic plans and initiatives to drive quality communications to the customers.
- Derive and own the voice of the customer regarding product, Process, and Quality systems and drive customer-desired improvements into CMC.
- Respond to Customer Issues Regarding Product Quality and Quality Systems
- Lead investigation and resolution of product and non-product complaints in speedy manner and be accountable for customer quality report management.
- Provide customer communication for complaints.
- Complete corrective action reports for customer complaints.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Quality-related issues from customers.
- Support Account Teams to follow-up Quality-related Process/ Product Change Notification.
- Lead assigned customer site visits and customer on-site audits.
- Complete customer control/ notification limit reviews.
- Complete customer specification reviews and provide recommendations with Account Teams.
- Provide data reviews with customers.
- Customize and communicate change notifications to customers.
To be successful in this role, candidates must possess the following background, skills, and experience:
Technical - Strong statistical knowledge and background related to SPC, process control; Engineering knowledge and experience with manufacturing, quality systems, and strong systematic problem solving skills. Experience with wafer fab or wafer fab materials suppliers or Chemical Mechanical Planarization (CMP) a plus. Knowledge of CMP slurries and pads is an advantage.
Business - Demonstrate ability to lead customer communications and positively engage with them in difficult situations; Strong understanding of CMC products and processes; Planning, prioritizing & goal setting skills; Ability to meet deadlines by creatively solving problems; Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization and lead cross regional and cultural teams. Demonstrate ability to work well with international employees and customers, and to provide direction to peers and other employees across the company; Critical thinking skills; Communication and presentation skills; Demonstrate initiative, leadership, teamwork and customer oriented.
Computer - Proficient skills in a Microsoft Windows environment; Advanced skills in Excel, statistical software, Oracle ERP and LIMS a plus.
Education/Experience - B.S. in Engineering or related technical field; 5+ years’ work experience in a fab or related manufacturing environment and/or combination of education and experience; 2+ Years of independent customer engagement/management preferred
Leadership - Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Ability to influence others.
Project management - Strong project management skills. Ability to multi task.
Travel - Occasionally.
Cabot Microelectronics Corporation Offers
- Compensation Competitive Salary plus performance-based bonus opportunity
- Global Organization and Global exposure
- 401k plan significant match program
- Benefits Medical, Dental, Vision and Insurance beginning on day 1
- Generous Paid Time Off & Parental Leave Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Educational Assistance Program and Training
- And more…
Cabot Microelectronics Corporation is an M/F, Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA Employer! We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Cabot Microelectronics Corporation is a M/F, Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA Employer.