Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Contractor)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lemont, IL 60439
· Diagnose and treat acute, episodic or chronic illness, independently or as part of a healthcare team.
· Participate in the formulation of patient Master Treatment Plan
· Assess physical and psychiatric health of patient and formulate measures to meet patient needs.
· Chart clinical observation (direct or through dictation), evaluations and treatment of patient in required time according to facility guidelines.
· Communicate with physicians and other staff as necessary to provide quality care for patient within appropriate guidelines.
· Encourage family involvement in patient care. Respond to identified patient and family educational needs.
· Support and follow legal requirements, hospital policy and procedures, medical staff bylaws and regulatory requirements.
· Provide services that are in accordance with the state guidelines for Nurse Practitioners.
· Provide on-call responsibilities on scheduled basis directed by medical staff.
· May focus on health promotion and disease prevention. May order, perform or interpret diagnostic tests such as lab work and x-rays. May prescribe medication.
· Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers always. When patient needs are not met, acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35©