Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Springfield, IL 62781
Performs diagnostic medical radiographics on patients of all ages. Performs other tasks related to the daily functions of the radiology department and clinic.
Graduation from an accredited school for radiologic technologist. Associates degree preferred.
- Current ARRT registration and IEMA license for radiologic technologist required.
- Maintains state required CME.
- Valid BLS CPR certification preferred.
- Prior computer experience preferred.
- Completes digital radiographic process according to professional guidelines and professional standards.
- Schedules and coordinates exams, explaining procedures and preparations to patients. Obtains and documents necessary history and symptomology. Critiques technical quality of digital image.
- Implements and oversees quality control (Q.C.) processes. Makes adjustments to equipment as indicated by Q.C. test results or notifies supervisor that service is required. Performs all Q.C. testing in accordance with regulatory requirements. Maintains documentation of all Q.C. test results and actions taken in accordance with regulatory requirements. Deals directly with physicist support from MMC regarding all aspects of quality control programs.
- Maintains x-ray and other equipment in efficient operating order; performs preventative maintenance on a regularly scheduled basis; contacts outside service for major malfunctions. Reports equipment malfunctions to supervisor. Request and orders supplies as necessary to keep materials on hand at all times.
- Complies with all clinic policies and procedures including, but not limited to blood borne pathogens, chemical safety, administrative, and corporate compliance. Applies the Minimum Necessary Standard when accessing protected health information.
- Responsible for working with team to improve processes for quality improvement and provide a high level of patient satisfaction.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Memorial Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.