Membership - Salesforce Marketing Technical Archit
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60654
Membership – Salesforce Marketing Technical Architect
ABA Chicago, 321 North Clark, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America Req .#533
Wednesday, September 23, 2020
During this current situation with COVID-19, the ABA will continue to accept and process applications for job opportunities. We will conduct our recruitment process via alternative means (virtual interviews) for the time being.
The ABA recruits employees seeking opportunities for challenging and substantive work defending liberty and pursuing justice in the U.S. and around the world. The ABA offers competitive employment benefits which include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k), commuter benefits, and more.
The American Bar Association (ABA) is seeking an Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) Technical Architect with the technical expertise to optimize programs to meet business goals within our ESP. This new team member will help drive the evolution of our Membership and Marketing program through the setup and documentation of new, creative and data-driven processes – with the opportunity to extend into new communication channels and guide members and prospects through the consumer journey.
An ideal candidate will see the big picture, be detail oriented, and have the end results in mind to achieve platform outcomes. This is a highly technical role, so previous SFMC experience is a must.
You will play a key role in developing and helping implement solutions/optimizations within our current platform and serve as the technical lead and contact for all other departments. You will be a part of the Membership and Marketing team and will also partner closely with product, IT, and operations to help our program run smoothly, efficiently and error free.
Not only do you love assessing technical landscapes, you are able to seamlessly provide technical guidance to lead infrastructure changes. You are also able to determine strategic opportunities through new/existing technology to address any inefficiencies. Thus, you have hands-on experience with complex APIs and web services, languages and data technologies (SQL, PostgreSQL) and experience with ESPs such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
You will have a constant pulse on the business and focus not only on testing, data integrity, and managing data inputs into the platform but will support the expansion of the overall reach of the ABA’s brand, the results of which are measured through improvements in traffic, engagement, and revenue. The successful candidate will have a passion for driving growth and making a major impact at a large recognizable company in a highly competitive industry.
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks and performance issues with our ESP platform
- Develop, maintain and perform processes (audit tests) to continuously monitor data quality and integrity in platform applications
- Tackle challenges focused on complex APIs and web services
- Assist in quality assurance and defining testing strategy and risks. Provide significant contributions in the testing and debugging of new platform features
- Create and maintain workflows, approval processes, and validation rules based on internal business requirements
- Partner closely with data and engineering teams to troubleshoot data/process issues and rectify issues in a timely manner
- Work to transform and develop new requirements into ESP setup and implementation
- Collaborate with email developer and Consumer Retention team to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Assist in developing KPIs and benchmarks to monitor channel and business performance
- Deliver setup, segmentation and workflow support (segment and deploy emails and push within the platform) as needed
- Assist with subscriber hygiene, unsubscribe and preference center management within the platform
- Create technical documentation, troubleshooting guides for internal and external teams to reference
- Demonstrate technical benefits of the product to different departments as needed
- Support regular review of comprehensive reports, dashboards & analysis with marketing stakeholders & leadership
- Identify and test new channels (Push, SMS, direct mail, etc.) to reach target audiences in new ways, while still achieving ROI targets
- Recommend strategies and methodologies to improve value delivery and consumer retention/growth.
- Support the Consumer Retention Team with all projects related to this position
Required Skills & Experience:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 4-6 years’ experience using Marketing Automation platform(s) – experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud/Exact Target (or comparable ESP) is strongly preferred.
- 3+ years working with APIs and integrating solutions
- Must be able to leverage data to create workflows, segments, imports, exports, and working with 3rd party vendors to ensure ongoing system efficiency and campaign hygiene
- A collaborative mindset with the ability to clearly articulate problems, ideas, and solutions.
- Strong skills working with very large data sets with a variety of tools; experience in dealing with performance and scaling issues.
- Ability to understand and anticipate dependencies across complex systems
- A continued curiosity and passion for learning and emerging technologies
- Highly adaptable to learning new processes and technology
- Proficient with MS Office suite, advanced user of Excel
- Must understand how to utilize email marketing efforts to meet business goals with ability to estimate and communicate impact of programs/initiatives
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Highly self-motivated, including the ability to work independently and partner effectively with team members to achieve desired results when required
- Superb time management/prioritization and attention to detail with continual focus on meeting deadlines in a fast-paced changing environment
- Previous lead generation, ecommerce or other relevant digital work experience is preferred.
- Understanding of digital marketing strategy, attribution, email acquisition & retention strategies
- Results driven, enthusiastic with positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- KPI ownership orientated (holds self and others to account)
- Understands the digital marketing ecosystem
- Team player, interpersonal, collaborator. You are comfortable working across an organization
- You are bold, push the boundaries and are impatient for success
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with the American Bar Association please call 312-988-5188. Other details
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $75,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $84,000.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- ABA Chicago, 321 North Clark, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
The American Bar Association is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.