Physical Therapist IV
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Springfield, IL 62781
Physical Therapist IV
The Physical Therapist IV is identified as a community resource for a specific diagnostic group. Demonstrates advanced competency as evidenced by specialized certification credentials and physician validation. The Therapist IV is responsible and accountable for providing examinations, evaluations, therapy diagnosis, interventions, and prognosis in accordance with established hospital and departmental policies and procedures. The Therapist IV will initiate performance improvement, program development, and marketing activities related to their area of expertise. They will be responsible for competency development and identifying and facilitating educational opportunities for the department, local community, and professional community as it relates to their area of expertise. Facilitates implementation of evidence based practice and research related to area of expertise.
P.T. license in the State of Illinois required.
- CPR Certification preferred.
- If applicable, must possess valid Illinois drivers license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the MHS Fleet Safety Policy (5 year MVR will be required).
- 8 yrs of experience required.
- Achieves and maintains >31 points on the Clinical Ladder Grid.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with patients, families, peer and other team members as needed for assessment, intervention, and professional development.
- Must be physically able to lift, support, move patients 50 – 100 lbs.
- Universal Precautions Category I.
- Perform Patient assessments with patients in a specific service area.
- Assign a physical therapy treatment diagnosis.
- Establishes plan of care with objective, measurable goals.
- Provides interventions supported by evidenced based practice in accordance to the established plan of care.
- Assesses the effectiveness of treatment and modifies treatment to achieve goals.
- Plans for discharge.
- Communicates with patient, family, caregivers and members of team to promote maximum benefit of care.
- Provide patient care documentation that meets quality standards and supports ethical billing practice.
- Demonstrates ability to organize workload and manage time effectively.
- Develops collaborative relationship with physicians in area of specialization.
- Triages patient care in the event of high volumes, call ins, etc.
- Serves as a role model/facilitator in handling difficult and/or stressful situations.
- Develops Annual Plan related to area of clinical expertise.
- Shares expertise through implementation of evidence based practice, participation in research, presenting at national conferences.
- Serves as a resource to respective professional community through participation with professional associations.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Memorial Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.