Registered Nurse, Home Hospice
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Springfield, IL 62781
Registered Nurse, Home Hospice
Registered Nurse (RN) (Experienced)
Provides nursing care to assigned patients through the use of nursing process in accordance with standard nursing practice and established nursing policies and procedures. Assumes full responsibility and accountability for coordination of patient care; services, referrals and resources for assigned caseload. Supervises care rendered by Home Health Aides. Adheres to MHS Mission, Vision and Values and the Illinois Nursing Act.
BSN is preferred.
- License to practice professional nursing in Illinois required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Will accept a MHSvc car for business purposes only as deemed necessary by geography/mileage. Must possess valid Illinois drivers license and must be deemed as an acceptable driver in accordance with the MHS Fleet Safety Policy (five year MVR will be required). Must have availability of personal vehicle with proof of insurance.
- Meets credit range for Clinical Ladder Levels as follows:Clinical Nurse I: Registered Nurse who achieves a range of 0-9 credits on the Clinical Ladder Behavior Grid.
Clinical Nurse II: Registered Nurse who achieves a range of 10-19 credits on the Clinical Ladder Behavior Grid with evidence of behaviors from at least two categories of the Grid.
Clinical Nurse III: Registered Nurse who achieves a range of 20-29 credits on the Clinical Ladder Behavior Grid with evidence of behaviors from at least three categories of the Grid. Minimum BSN, enrollment in a BSN or MSN program, or national certification required.
- A minimum of two (2) years acute care clinical experience is preferred. Home health experience preferred.
- Must be able to position and/or transfer an average adult patient and possess gross coordination sufficient to perform patient care tasks as required.
- Environmental working conditions include exposure to blood, bodily fluids/tissue, contagious diseases, animals, etc.
Professional Nursing Care
- Perform age appropriate assessment utilizing critical thinking skills.
- Function as a case manager for a group of patients in a particular geographic location.
- Provide after hours care on a rotation basis.
- Develop and revise an individualized Plan Of Care in partnership with patient/caregiver based on Identification of patient problems/need.
- Implement specific interventions to attain outcomes.
- Communicate/collaborate with other disciplines to provide optimal patient care and services.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team meetings as appropriate.
- Participate in educational offerings (ex: skills day; oxygen inservice; etc)
Supervision and Delegation
- Appropriately supervise performance of LPN.
- Appropriately supervise performance of HHA and provide documentation to support such.
Communication and Collaboration
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills.
- Use therapeutic communication techniques.
- Demonstrate assertiveness.
- Communicate relevant patient information to other disciplines and MD as appropriate.
- Document patient care according to MHSvc policies/procedures.
- Ensure appropriate implementation of MD orders.
- Participate in operational meetings (ex: All staff, MHS Connect, etc).
- Promote patient/family education.
- Precept nursing students.
- Participate in clinically/operationally related focus groups.
Quality and Safety
- Identify and resolve patient safety risks.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement (Quality Initiative measures) including efforts to improve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate ethical decision making.
- Advocate for patients/families/caregivers.
- Responsibly manages all equipment, supplies in his/her possession, including, but not limited to, laptop computer, FAX machine, cell phone, patient care supplies, etc.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Memorial Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.