Inpatient Pharmacy Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Evanston, IL 60201
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (72893)
- Position: Inpatient Pharmacy Technician
- Location: Evanston Hospital
- Full Time/Part Time: Full Time, Rotating Hours & Weekends
- Hours: 40
- Required Travel: N/A
- Competitive Salary:
What you will need:
- License: Current Illinois Registered Pharmacy Technician required
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certification: Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) preferred; certification required within two years of hire
- Experience: Prior technician experience or hospital experience preferred. Retail experience preferred for retail positions
- Skills: N/A
What you will do:
- Assist the Pharmacist with preparing, filling and dispensing medications
- Maintain patient records, set up, package and label medication doses
- Maintain inventory of drug supplies
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is an integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a The NorthShore system, headquartered in Evanston, Ill., includes five hospitals – , , , and . NorthShore also includes a 900 physician multispecialty group practice, , with more than 140 locations in the Chicagoland area. NorthShore has an established reputation and employs over 10,500 people.
NorthShore is committed to excellence in its academic mission and supports teaching and research as the principal teaching affiliate of the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine.
NorthShore was the first health system in Illinois to achieve Magnet® recognition—the highest, most prestigious honor that demonstrates excellence in nursing and high standards in patient care—something only achieved by 6% of hospitals nationwide. The system earned Magnet re-designation in 2019. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
Please explore our website () to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.