Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Sullivan, IL 61951
Clerical, Administrative and Business Support
Registrars are a critical resource in the revenue cycle. The information gathered by a registrar constitutes 50% of the claim information submitted to a third party payer for reimbursement. The completeness and accuracy of their work has a direct impact on the hospital’s cash flow and the patient’s customer experience related to a hassle free billing process. Registrars register patients for inpatient and outpatient services throughout the hospital. The process includes gathering information from patients, validating received information with insurance carriers, determining benefits, estimating out of pocket costs for the patient, and completing forms with the patient in accordance with federal and state regulations.
Education and/or Other Requirements
Required Education: High School Diploma
Preferred Education: Enrolled or completed post-secondary general electives
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Occasional exposure to moderate environmental variations, above-normal noise levels, and/or unpleasant substances. Exposure to hazardous or potentially injurious elements or conditions is limited.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Occasional business related travel might be required. Little or no physical effort or strenuous activity other than incidental walking, standing, bending and reaching and carrying of light loads (1 to 5 pounds).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to work under pressure with multiple interruptions.
- Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality requirements.
- Must have the ability to prioritize work activities and have strong analytical and quantitative skills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist an otherwise qualified individual in the performance of the job. In order to meet the needs of the Company employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above.
- Perform inpatient and outpatient registrations.
- Perform inpatient and outpatient pre-registration and registration procedures:Insurance verification/eligibility and proper sequencing of insurance coverage/plans (coordination of benefits)
Complete regulatory requirements (e.g. Consent and NPP)
Complete Medicare regulatory requirements (e.g. MSPQ)
Assign appropriate guarantor based on patient’s age, provided insurance information, and demographic information
Obtain patient or patient representative signatures as required by hospital policy or regulatory requirements
- Collect and post co-payments and outstanding balances during registration process
- Identify potential candidates for financial counseling
- Transfer/discharge patients as requested by patient care areas
- Participate in department meetings and training sessions
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Memorial Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.