Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Springfield, IL 62781
Provides age-appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic outpatient services and completes paperwork per agency policies and requirements of funding sources.
Employee will adhere to the Memorial Health System (MHS) Code of Conduct, the MHS Ethics and Corporate Compliance Plan, MBH policies and procedures, as well as performance standards established by the governing board/administration and accrediting bodies.
Master’s or doctoral degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or closely related human service field.
- Completion of clinical practicum required
- Completion of clinical practicum and licensure preferred.
- Must have valid IL Driver’s License, availability of own transportation, and proof of auto liability insurance.
- Fulfill the requirements of a Qualified Mental Health Professional, as defined by Medicaid
- Must have keyboarding and computer skills as required by position.
Direct Clinical Services:
- Develops comprehensive assessment to make decisions regarding diagnosis and treatment.
- Implements crisis intervention procedures with potentially suicidal, homicidal, or severely disabled clients. Makes referrals to consulting psychiatrists or inpatient psychiatric facilities when needed.
- Interviews collateral contacts, previous and current treatment professionals, and significant others, to further establish data for assessment and ongoing treatment plan as needed.
- Clarifies priority problems, goals for change, and session limits according to agency policy to assist clients in developing appropriate expectations for treatment in relationship to the agency. Use a variety of psychotherapeutic treatment approaches and interventions to change targeted behaviors and stabilize adaptive behaviors with individuals, couples, and families.
- Manages the termination process and discharge planning to enhance clients’ abilities to retain treatment changes and/or use other available support services.
- Uses collaborative or concurrent documentation during services with client.
- Provides an average of 25 billable service hours per week.
Client Information System:
- Establishes and maintains appropriate professional files, including assessments, progress notes, treatment plans, previous treatment records, and clients’ consent to treatment.
- Completes required administrative forms and provides information for billing and fee collection.
- Provides information to other agencies or health care providers to coordinate services.
Training Activities/Professional Growth:
- Identifies with supervisor professional goals to enhance job related skills.
- Completes mandatory education requirements by specified deadlines.
- Participates in required staff meetings and in-services to keep abreast of agency policy and administrative procedures, meet requirements for continuing education, and upgrade professional knowledge.
- Communicates directly to the Program Manager for clarification of administrative policy, program evaluation, and any other issues related to promoting a professional working environment and an effective service delivery system.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Supervises Masters level practicum students, performs access services, completes PAS assessments, etc., as assigned.
- Participates in after-hours on call as required.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Memorial Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.