Research Assistant I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Maywood, IL 60153
RESEARCH ASST I
Maywood-Health Sciences Campus
RADIATION ONCOLOGY (06720A)
IS THIS SPLIT AND/OR FULLY GRANT FUNDED*
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Performs computer programing and experiments as instructed by the Principle Investigator (PI).
– Gathers, organizes, and records data. Performs basic analysis of results.
– May assist with library and/or electronic research.
– Incorporates new protocols and methodology into work as directed by PI and/or senior lab staff.
– Attends weekly journal clubs, department seminars and lab meetings.
– Presents research results at national and local meetings.
– May assist in ordering supplies when required. Maintains orderly records of purchases.
– Performs related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE
Education Required: Bachelors Degree OR equivalent training acquired via work experience or education Preferred: Bachelors Degree Experience Required: None Preferred: 1-2 years of previous job-related experience
– Strong analytical and organizational skills, the ability to read complex texts critically and the ability to write clear, evidence-based analyses.
– Basic programming skills and desire to learn new programming languages/methods
– Ability to analyze and interpret data.
– Ability to communicate verbally.
– Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people.
– Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner.
– Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures.
– Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency.
– Ability to work as an effective team member.
Basic computer skills
REQUIRED OPERATION OF UNIVERSITY OWNED VEHICLES
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE DIRECT ANIMAL OR PATIENT CONTACT*
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
QUICK LINK FOR POSTING
Loyola University Chicago is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer with a strong commitment to hiring for our mission and diversifying our faculty.
Employer’s Job# 14321
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.