Field Service Technician, Downers Grove IL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Downers Grove, IL 60515
At this very moment, Agiliti team members are supporting hospitals and healthcare facilities across the nation by delivering, cleaning and maintaining medical equipment needed for patient care. Join Agiliti where every interaction has the power to change a life!
Biomedical Field Service Technician – Downers Grove, IL
The Biomed Field Service Technician primarily works independently at our customer sites, including hospitals and clinics, to provide cost-effective maintenance on company and customer-owned medical equipment to assure it is functioning properly and meets customers’ needs. They perform operational verification, preventive maintenance and corrective repair service. The technician will complete all associated documentation and communication in a timely manner to keep our customers informed.
- Prior work experience in hospital setting or with customer service
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Electronics, Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Equipment Technology or equivalent military training
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficiency in completing operational verification procedures, preventive maintenance and repair service on various equipment
- Understanding of regulatory agencies’ requirements.
- Understanding of business management in order to assist with contract management and account margin maintenance.
- Experience with the setup and application of test equipment (electrical safety analyzer, digital multi-meter, patient simulator, etc.).
- Able to read, analyze and interpret technical literature, schematics and drawings
- Basic computer skills, including an understanding of computer networks and equipment interfacing.
- Able to dialogue with clinical staff on the topics of equipment features, functionality, etc.
- Excellent customer communication skills that project confidence, enthusiasm and a professional image, including presentation skills.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of service programs and contractual obligations.
- Increases utilization of services by articulating benefits and solutions to key healthcare decision-makers.
- Efficiently able to manage workload to complete scheduled and break/fix service activity.
- Willing to travel extensively to support business needs and objectives on short notice. Willing to travel minimum of 70% annually that includes overnight extended stay
- Ability to lift and/or push 75 pounds and stand and walk for long periods of time
- Applicants should be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as, emergency off-hours as required.
It is the policy of Agiliti to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local civil rights laws.In addition, Agiliti will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Agiliti strictly prohibits any form of retaliation against individuals who make good faith reports of alleged violations of this policy or who cooperate in Agiliti’s investigation of such reports.
If you require assistance with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Primary Job Location:
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Field Service Technician I
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background and drug testing.