Service Technician I - 1st Shift
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Romeoville, IL 60446
- Analyzes and diagnoses equipment problems and breakdowns
- Recommends the correct service and repair actions to resolve equipment performance problems
- Makes appropriate equipment repairs or modifications to solve operating and performance problems as dictated by the analysis of the equipment
- Performs scheduled equipment maintenance
- Follows all scheduled maintenance procedures and policies as dictated by the company
- Documents each service call, providing necessary paperwork
- Observes all safety procedures, makes certain that hazardous waste is properly disposed
- Maintains the company service vehicles in a clean, orderly and hazard-free manner to include performing regular maintenance such as oil changes, tire rotations, etc.
- Secures and maintains service and parts inventory in the company service vehicle
- Provides well-maintained personal tools required to effectively perform equipment service duties
- Keeps the work area clean and hazard-free
- Other duties as required and assigned
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
- Minimum 1 to 3 years related experience and/or training with mechanical, electrical and hydraulic equipment
- Experience with repairing forklifts
- Technical or mechanical training/certifications preferred
- Possesses a valid driver’s license
- Above average communication skills
- Ability to understand the necessary service and training manuals, including the ability to interpret schematics and effectively use electrical diagnostic instruments
- Can safely operate power tools, lifts, hoists, hydraulic jacks and overhead cranes
Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles, and can be exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold, including climates consistent with outside weather conditions.
1 The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
2 Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered “Essential Functions” and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform “Essential Functions” of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the “Essential Functions”.
OHL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.