Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Jacksonville, IL 62650
The Dietary Aide performs assignments in the dish room as well as the tray line assembly and tray delivery. Embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values.
Complete 2 years high school, required
- GED or High School graduate preferred
- Food handler certification preferred, equivalent training provided after hire
Other Knowledge/Skills/Abilities/Working Conditions-Physical Requirements & Atmosphere:
- Follow Universal precautions when handling patient trays.
- Follow proper chemical safety usage with cleaning compounds.
- Read and write legibly in English.
- Uses good telephone etiquette.
- Disposes of Patient Health Information appropriately.
- Understand and follow written and verbal communication.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Know when to ask for clarification.
- Be flexible with work schedule, hours, and assignments.
- Assist in orientation and training of new staff.
- Meet regular attendance and tardiness policies.
- Interpersonal skills: able to work as a team member.
- Follow Hand Hygiene practices.
- Occasionally reaching overhead, crouching, kneeling and balancing.
- Frequently pushing or pulling over 100lbs, carrying 11-25 lbs.
- Continuously standing, walking, bending over, repetitive use of hands/arms, repetitive use of legs, lifting/carrying 25 lbs. or less, and grasping and eye/hand coordination.
- In addition to operating typical kitchen equipment, will be operating a floor scrubber and trash compactor (must be over 18 years of age to operate).
- Assembles trays from the station assigned. Stocks and cleans tray line area after meal period.
- Follows late tray and room service delivery procedures.
- Sorts clean dishes and put away, discarding damaged pieces as needed
- Operates dish machine including daily cleaning.
- Delivers food to patient care areas.
- Sweeps and mops floors of the department.
- Cleans pots and pans and other cooking utensils/equipment
- Removes trash from department.
- Makes beverages in prescribed manner.
- Records HACCP temperatures as necessary
- Performs assigned cleaning tasks.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
- Embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values:
- SAFETY: Prevent Harm – I put safety first in everything I do. I take action to ensure the safety of othersn
- COURTESY: Serve Others – I treat others with dignity and respect. I project a professional image and positive attitude.
- QUALITY: Improve Outcomes – I continually advance my knowledge, skills and performance. I work with others to achieve superior results.
- EFFICIENCY: Reduce Waste – I use time and resources wisely. I prevent defects and delays.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Memorial Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.