Principal- National Tax Office
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60629
At CLA we create opportunities!
We are currently recruiting a Principal – Partnership Taxation to join our National Tax Office (NTO).
This opportunity can be located in any of these CLA offices: Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, DC, Dallas, Century City, Philadelphia, or Seattle.
Who we are!
As a premier professional services provider to privately held businesses and their owners, we provide a wide array of solutions to advance our clients success and create inspired careers for our people. Our market differentiators include deep industry specialization, three integrated businesses working together, 1) Audit, Tax & Consulting, 2) Wealth Advisory and 3) Outsourcing, and phenomenal opportunities for our employees to build their careers and marketplace value, including unmatched career choice, flexibility and mobility.
What makes this awesome!
This is a GREAT opportunity for an entrepreneurial partnership taxation expert looking for a career that includes:
- The opportunity to make a significant impact with a growing Top 10 firmpartnership taxation is the largest concentration for business tax returns at CLA.
- Being part of a talented National Tax Office team and a firm that is committed to knowing you and helping you create opportunities for your career and your clients.
- Work that is meaningful, highly visible and not routine, creating the opportunity to continually increase your marketplace value by providing consultation, research services and technical expertise to CLA professionals throughout the firm.
- Thriving in an entrepreneurial environment that offers autonomy and encouragement to move great ideas forward.
- Joining a firm that is leading by tax, investing significant focus and resources to nation-wide tax initiatives.
What you will do?
As a Principal, you will respond to tax questions from other members of the firm, research difficult tax issues, offer suggestions for tax planning and proper structuring of transactions, and analyze new developments to provide explanations and planning pointers to CLA professionals. The candidate should have extensive experience in an accounting or law firm, focusing on providing technical guidance in the areas of US partnership taxation, tax reporting forms and procedures, and have the ability to prepare clear and accurate written communications on technical tax matters. The candidate must also have the ability to present internal webcasts and lead other internal tax education sessions within the firm.
Your experience includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, MST/MBT or JD/LLM preferred
- 10+ years of experience including extensive knowledge of US partnership taxation and a thorough understanding of relevant risk management procedures
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on organization and detail
- Ability to communicate complex tax concepts to tax professionals and clients
- Ability to use various tax research products effectively
- Ability to present internal and external training sessions, including webcasts and leading other internal tax education sessions within the firm
- CPA certification. JD, EA, MST/MBT in place of CPA certification.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click to learn about your hiring rights.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.