SOC Experienced Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60290
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Experienced Audit Associate, SOC will be responsible for the preparation of third party attestation reports, including Service Organization Control (SOC) 1, SOC 2 and WebTrust for CAs, applying most areas of the governing standard as necessary and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various control systems. This position may also be involved in other business process or IS assurance related engagements, including SOX, IT general control testing for private company financial audit engagements, and agreed-upon procedure engagements.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other relevant field required
- Masters degree in Accounting and minor or dual major in Information Systems or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- One (1) to two (2) years of prior experience in internal or external audit or relevant industry experience preferred
- Experience performing internal control reviews preferred
- Experience performing SOC, SOX or ISO 27001 engagements desired
- Relevant experience based internship beneficial
- Completion or actively pursuing completion of CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP or other relevant certifications preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with various assurance applications (e.g., UNIX, OS400, LINUX); and databases (e.g., Oracle, SQL) and research tools beneficial
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic understanding and experience planning and coordinating the stages to perform an internal audit or third party attestation engagement
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 35%
- Knowledge of internal controls and professional standards and regulations (GAAP, GAAS, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate and interact with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently and within a group environment
- Solid analytical and diagnostic skills and ability to break down complex issues and implementing appropriate resolutions
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy
- Solid project management skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Employer’s Job# 18583BR
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.