Financial Reporting Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60631
First Midwest, with assets over $18 billion, is the premier relationship-based banking franchise in the dynamic Chicagoland banking market. As one of the Chicago metropolitan area’s largest independent bank holding companies, First Midwest provides the full range of commercial, retail banking, and wealth management services through some 120+ offices located in communities in metropolitan Chicago, Northwest Indiana, Central and Western Illinois, and Eastern Iowa.
The Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for maintaining all of the recurring internal reporting aspects of the bank’s financial systems including but not limited to Peoplesoft, Axiom, BIC, CRM, scorecarding, profitability and related processes.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Information Systems required.
- 3 years of experience in financial reporting or analysis required with banking industry preferred.
- Strong financial systems (e.g. Peoplesoft, Hyperion, Cognos, SAP, Business Objects, Axiom, etc.) knowledge preferred.
- Excellent time and resource management skills.
- Understanding of data governance concepts and methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong skills Excel, and Access required.
Financial management recurring internal reporting:
- Maintain financial systems and reporting as required by the bank and lines of business to support strategic decision making.
- Produce and distribute standard financial and performance measurement reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Provide data integrity checks, review reports for accuracy and make appropriate recommendations for changes.
- Meet delivery timelines and ensure financial information is reported completely and accurately.
- Utilize technology to allocate specific income and expenses to the lines of business on a recurring basis.
- Strive to master proficiency in the utilization and application of various software tools of the bank.
- Optimize the use of new technology and information systems updates to improve processes and system efficiencies.
- Identify data sources, construct data flow diagrams, and document the process on routine changes.
- Support the bank and lines of business decision makers with financial information.
- Participate in various bank projects as requested
First Midwest Bank continually looks for highly motivated and talented individuals. Our people are critical to the Bank’s strategy and success. In return we offer competitive salaries, a bonus plan, outstanding benefits like 401K plus 6% company contribution, generous vacation plan, certification and continuing education support, and opportunities for career growth.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhereand Supplement here.