Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Warrenville, IL 60555
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D. s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking an Associate/Engineer for our Electrical Engineering & Computer Science Practice in our Warrenville, IL office.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing electrical engineering analysis and consulting on an exciting array of projects
- Preparing technical proposals, pursuing business developments, and supervising and managing laboratory testing
- Providing critical technical analysis on a variety of engineering projects
- Assessing test results, methods of analysis and testing protocols
- Generating new testing protocols based on new product designs
- Maintaining a systematic approach to data collection and report writing
Experience is desired in, but not limited to, one or more of the following technical areas:
- Embedded controls
- Circuit analysis
- Failure analysis of circuits and systems
- Industrial machine control
- Industrial process control
- Electric power distribution
- Consumer product design and/or analysis
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering
- E.I.T. or P.E. license desired or in process
- Hands-on hardware and/or software experience
- Experience designing, constructing, and performing tests in a laboratory
- Must have current electrical theoretical and experimental experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and ability to work independently or in multidisciplinary teams
Employer’s Job# 4155
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.