Teacher Aide Bilingual
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
1. Model teacher’s instructional methods when working with individual and groups of students.
2. Provide tutorial help for students.
3. Observe teacher’s interaction with children who have special learning needs, and engage in similar instructional practices.
4. Observe student academic and social-emotional behaviors, monitor charges, and report these observations to the certified classroom teacher.
5. Assist with maintaining order within the classroom by following established procedures for behavior management.
6. Assume responsibility for the safety and well being of the students while on school grounds and in non-academic activities (such as lunch, hallway passing, etc).
7. Attend meetings and participate in professional development programs.
8. Assume clerical functions as needed, to include, but not limited to taking attendance, duplication of materials, preparation of newsletters, record keeping and monthly reports.
9. Communicate with students’ parents/guardians as requested.
10. Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as may be assigned by the certificated classroom teacher.