Director of Commissioning
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lisle, IL 60404
Farnsworth Group is seeking a Director of Commissioning in any of our following office locations: Frisco, TX, Los Angeles, CA, Lisle, IL, St. Louis, MO, or Denver, CO. This position is ultimately responsible for client satisfaction, long-range planning, creating backlog, growing the business and the financial success of the national Commissioning Group. This role reports to the Director of the Facilities Science and Technology (FST) division.
The Director demonstrates a history of effective staff leadership and significant experience managing business operations within the services offered by Farnsworth Group’s building commissioning practice. This includes the ability to develop and communicate strategies which incorporate staffing, training, targeted marketing efforts, and new business development. The goal of these strategies should be to grow the business within the current service line offering and identify new areas for expansion. Our commissioning team consists of a deep national bench of subject matter experts with a long history of successfully executing new construction commissioning, retro-commissioning, building enclosure commissioning, sustainability consulting, energy assessments and modeling, and asset management. Our historic focus for these services is within vertical markets including healthcare, higher education, K-12 education, research, data center, and manufacturing.
Farnworth Group has a well-established culture that puts the needs of the client first. This often requires collaboration with other technical groups such as Facility Systems Design, Architecture, and Process Piping. The ability to leverage and mobilize staff within groups outside of commissioning will be a key asset in generating new opportunities that are consistent with the strategies of other technical groups and the FST Group as a whole.
• Leads business development efforts and mentors local market leaders in the development and implementation of local and regional strategies.
• Oversees and guides staff in successful business development efforts and participation.
• Mentors, challenges, and develops leadership qualities of managers.
• Plans and schedules work for the department ensuring the effective distribution of assignments, workloads, space, and logistics.
• Produces contract opportunities with new and existing clients to meet department budget goals.
• Develops national, regional, and local budgets annually.
• Coordinates with other company leaders to provide frequent workload projections, risk assessments, work sharing opportunities, and other communication necessary for a successful group.
Specific Requirements include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field required
• 15 or more years of progressive experience in facility design, construction and/or commissioning or related experience
• At least 7 years of staff management experience
• Active relationships across multiple regions and industries
• Proven business development success with the ability to provide multiple examples of generating sales growth and leads
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Cx industry certification (CxA, etc.) and/or LEED AP, preferred
• Professional Engineering license, preferred
• Ability to travel up to 20% annually
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program that includes:
• Medical/Dental Plans
• Prescription Drug Program
• Vision Plan
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Flexible Spending Account
• Time-off Benefits
Come join the Farnsworth Group team and find out why our employees earned us the Great Place to Work certification! Farnsworth Group is a full-service engineering and architecture firm with offices and employment opportunities located throughout a nationwide network of offices. We are an employee-owned company with a rich 125-year history that offers an impressive benefits and compensation program in addition to excellent career development opportunities. We are always looking for exceptional and talented employees who are passionate about their craft and the solutions we provide to our clients. Give us a closer look and discover why we are a Great Place to Work!
If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
For immediate consideration:
Please Apply Online by clicking on the link below
or visit the Farnsworth Group website at www.f-w.com and click on the careers link.
Farnsworth Group, Inc. is proud to be a M/F Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA employer.