Senior Embedded Software Engineer – Audio (DSP) Processing
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Carpentersville, IL 60110
Senior Embedded Software Engineer with Audio (DSP) Processing – Carpentersville, IL
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Our Senior Embedded Software Engineer with Audio (DSP) Processing is responsible for designing algorithms for audio processing including noise cancelling, echo cancelling, filtering, and AGC.
Specifically, the Senior Embedded Software Engineer with Audio (DSP) Processing will:
• Plan and Architect Software
• Code primarily in C/C++
• Design Audio Processing algorithms (noise cancelling, echo cancelling, filtering, AGCs, etc.)
• Select Microprocessors – including memory size, speed, I/Os, cost, current draw, etc.
• Design Device drivers and boot loaders
• Integrate, debug, and test embedded systems
• Design interfaces to other devices using digital or wireless protocols
• Operate Basic electronics test equipment (oscilloscopes, DVMs, function generators, logic analyzer, etc.)
• Bring up new SoCs, chipsets, sensors, and products
• Participate in selecting development tools, bug tracking tools, software revision management and archiving tools, etc.
• Participate in new product Ideation and develop new IP
• Design and execute software test plans
• Update or add features to previously written software
• Prepare and present regular reviews of the software architectures, test plans, test cases, and test results
• Assist with other related duties as required or assigned